How to travel in Poland by train: information, connections, blog and travel reports. Help in our forum to buy train tickets.
- D 67 Kyjev - Varšava
- D 68 Varšava - Kyjev
- EN 10S Varšava - Moskva
- EN 13M/440 Moskva - Berlín
- EN 17B/409 Moskva - Nice
- EN 21E/404 Moskva - Praha
- EN 23J/452 Moskva - Paříž
- EN 40457 Berlín - Budapešť
- EN 40476 Budapešť - Berlín
- EN 405/22A Praha - Moskva
- EN 406 Vídeň - Varšava
- EN 407 Varšava - Vídeň
- EN 407/442 Varšava - Praha
- EN 407/477 Varšava - Budapešť
- EN 441/14M Berlín - Moskva
- EN 443/406 Praha - Varšava
- EN 453/24J Paříž - Moskva
- EN 476/456/406 Budapešť - Varšava
- EN 50456 Přemyšl - Berlín
- EN 50457 Berlín - Přemyšl
- EN 9S Moskva - Varšava
- NJ 456 Vídeň - Berlín
- NJ 457 Berlín - Vídeň
- TLK 18170/1 Varšava - Svinoústí
- TLK 18171 Varšava - Gorzów Wielkopolski
- TLK 18171 Varšava - Sklářská Poruba
- TLK 33174 Přemyšl - Gdyně
- TLK 33500 Krynica-Zdrój - Gdyně
- TLK 35170/1 Zakopane - Gdyně
- TLK 37170 Krakov - Svinoústí
- TLK 38170/1 Přemyšl - Kolobřeh
- TLK 38190/1 Krakov - Svinoústí
- TLK 38192/3 Přemyšl - Svinoústí
- TLK 38196/7 Zakopane - Štětín
- TLK 45170/1 Bílsko-Bělá - Gdyně
- TLK 53170/1 Gdyně - Přemyšl
- TLK 53170/1 Gdyně - Zakopane
- TLK 54170/1 Gdyně - Bílsko-Bělá
- TLK 56170/1 Gdyně - Sklářská Poruba
- TLK 65170/1 Sklářská Poruba - Gdyně
- TLK 66116 Sklářská Poruba - Varšava
- TLK 81170/1 Svinoústí - Varšava
- TLK 81171 Svinoústí - Krakov
- TLK 83170/1 Kolobřeh - Přemyšl
- TLK 83190/1 Svinoústí - Krakov
- TLK 83192/3 Svinoústí - Přemyšl
- TLK 83196/7 Štětín - Zakopane
- TLK 88170 Gorzów Wielkopolski - Varšava
popular connections travelled by other users
search for train times here
Online timetable information, on which you can find relevant, up-to-date connections.
- ARR Arriva RP
- FINN Finnlines
- KD Koleje Dolnośląskie
- KM Koleje Mazowieckie
- KML Koleje Małopolskie
- KS Koleje Śląskie
- KW Koleje Wielkopolskie sp. z o.o.
- LKA Łódzka Kolej Aglomeracyjna
- LUX Lux Express
- PKP IC Polskie Koleje Państwowe Intercity
- POLFY Polferries
- PR Polregio
- RZD Российские железные дороги
- SKMT SKM Trójmiasto
- SKMW Szybka Kolej Miejska w Warszawie
- STENA Stena Line
- UBB Usedomer Bäderbahn
- WKD Warszawa Śródmieście WKD
Polsko - Rakousko
To travel by train from Poland to Austria, connections are available by day and direct night trains.
Polsko - Bělorusko
To travel from Poland to Belarus by train, buy your train ticket locally at a train station in Poland.
There are daily connections available from Warsaw (Poland) via Brest (Belarus) to Minsk (Belarus).
Polsko - Česká republika
To travel by train from Poland to the Czech Republic, connections are available by day and direct night trains.
Polsko - Německo
To travel from Poland to Germany by train, have a look at the discount tickets available from Deutsche Bahn (German railways). They offer special price tickets starting from EUR 39 from selected stations in Poland (for example Warsaw) to Germany. These advance fare tickets ("Sparpreis Europa") offer very attractive fares and are valid on direct routes from Poland via Berlin or via Czech Republic to Germany. Please use the following booking links to find schedules and ticket prices.
If you need to start your travel from a city in Poland where no special price ticket is available online, buy first a ticket in Poland (locally at the station or online at Polish railways), and second the discount ticket to Germany. Ensure to plan with enough time for changing trains to cope for possible delays!
Polsko - Francie
To travel by train from Poland to France, you have the direct night trains Moscow to Paris and Nice (not daily) with stop in Warsaw. Otherwise split your trip with a stop in Germany (Berlin, Cologne or Frankfurt).
Polsko - Maďarsko
To travel from Poland to Hungary by train, the direct night trains from Warsaw and Krakow to Budapest are a good option. Buy your train tickets locally at a train station.
Polsko - Litva
To travel by train from Poland to Lithuania, you have currently only a connection on weekends. Therefore a bus is the easiest way. Have a look at the booking links. For updated details, read our blog.
If you want to travel by train, first buy a train ticket on Polish railways from your departure station to Bialystok. And a second train ticket from Bialystok to your destination in Lithuania via Lithuanian railways.
Example: calculate with about 22 Euro for a train ticket from Warsaw via Bialystok to Vilnius.
Polsko - Švédsko
If you want to travel the direct way from Poland to Sweden, make use of a ferry.
First travel by train to Gdansk or Świnoujście (Poland).
From Gdansk (Poland) continue by ferry to Nynäshamn (Sweden). There you change to a direct suburban train to Stockholm main railway station (1,15h, EUR 3).
From Świnoujście (Poland) continue to Ystad (Sweden). The ferry terminal in Ystad is close to the railway station, just walk.
Finally continue by train from Nynäshamn/Stockholm or Ystad to your destination.
Polsko - Slovensko
If you want to travel from Poland to Slovakia by train, the best option is to take the route via the Czech Republic. A direct day train runs from Warsaw via Katowice, Ostrava and Breclav to Bratislava and night trains run from Warsaw and Krakow to Bratislava on the same route. In Ostrava there are connections to Zilina - Kosice.
Alternatively you can travel between directly from Poland to Slovakia via the Zwardon - Skalite border crossing. However, there are only slow regional trains running there. Another border crossing is between Lupkow and Medzilaborce however there are only two trains at summer weekends. Another option is to take a bus from Zakopane across the High Tatra mountains to Poprad.
Tickets are only available at train stations. Special advance fares are available as well at stations in Poland.
Polsko - Ukrajina
To travel from Poland to Ukraine by train, buy your ticket at a train station in Poland. There are no online tickets available for international journeys. There are night trains from Warsaw to Kyiv as well as from Warsaw, Wroclaw and Krakow to Lviv. All of these trains cross the border in the night. There is also a train during the day, running from Przemysl to Lviv and Kyiv.