International Vlak (международни влак) (IV)
Eurail train reservations
Български държавни железници (BDZ)
Eurail and International Vlak (международни влак) (IV). How to buy a reservation or can I travel for free. Train information, photos and videos.
International express trains connect Bulgaria with its neighbouring countries. Currently there are the following international trains to/from Bulgaria:
- Sofia to Belgrade: day train; 2nd class only; no seat reservation required
- Sofia to Thessaloniki: day train; 2nd class only; seat reservation compulsory
- Sofia to Bucharest: day train; 2nd class only; no seat reservation required
- Sofia to Istanbul (Halkali): night train, couchette and sleeper carriages only
- Bucharest to Istanbul (Halkali) via Ruse - Veliko Tarnovo: night train, couchette and sleeper carriages only
- Vidin to Craiova: regional train; 2nd class only; no seat reservation required; connecting train from Sofia to Vidin available
Sofia - Belgrade | Sofia - Thessaloniki | Sofia - Bucharest | Sofia - Istanbul
reservation possible but not required
2nd class: EUR 1
1st class: EUR 1
Buy your official Eurail pass via the rail.cc/eurail.com partner link. Get a free PLUS account on rail.cc. With your purchase you support all the free information on rail.cc. Thank you!
Do you have further questions and need assistance? Do not hesitate to ask in our friendly forum where you always get detailed help.
Eurail in Bulgaria
How to travel by Eurail in Bulgaria. Overview and information to travel routes, Bulgarian train types, night trains and Eurail reservations.
about railcc: We are real travellers and offer honest and well-grounded tips and tricks for your train journey.