Eurail train reservations
Renfe Operadora (RENFE)
Eurail and Alvia (ALVIA). How to buy a reservation or can I travel for free. Train information, photos and videos.
Alvia is the designation for RENFE high-speed trains in Spain operating on both the conventional broad gauge (1668mm) as well as the high speed normal gauge (1435mm) lines, using rolling stock with the ability of changing between gauges while driving. Three different types of trains are in use on these services:
- class 120: four carraige EMU; used mainly from Madrid to San Sebastian/Irun, Bilbao and Pamplona as well as from Barcelona to Bilbao and San Sebastian/Irun
- class 130: 11 carriage Talgo unit with two power cars; used from Madrid to Cadiz, Huelva, Castellon, Gijon and Santander, from Barcelona to La Coruna, Vigo and Gijon and on the cross-country services from Alicante via Madrid to Gijon and Santander
- class 730: 9 carriage Talgo unit with two hybrid power cars; used from Madrid to La Coruna, Pontevedra and Ferrol
All trains offer:
- 2nd (Turista) and 1st (Preferente) class available
- air-condition, reclining seats that can be turned in direction of travel
- four seats per row in Turista, three seats per row in Preferente; all in open-plan configuration
- audio and video entertainment system
- equipped for passengers with reduced mobility
- power plugs on some services
Madrid - A Coruna / Alicante / Bilbao / Cadiz / Gijon / Huelva / Logrono / Pamplona / Santander / San Sebastian / Irun / Valencia / Castellon / Vigo / Pontevedra / Vitoria | Barcelona - A Coruna / Bilbao / Gijon / Irun / Pamplona / Vigo | Alacant - Madrid - A Coruna / Gijon / Santander / Vigo / Pontevedra
Buy your reservation online via the company ACPRail, a rail travel specialist since more than 20 years. If not available, please use an other reservation option.
Buy the reservation at a railway station. Reservations are usually available at stations in all countries where a particular train runs through. In many countries, especially in central and eastern Europe you can also buy reservations for trains in other countries. In some countries (for instance in the Netherlands or Spain) you have to pay a service fee at the ticket counter.
Buy your official Eurail pass via the rail.cc/eurail.com partner link. Get a free PLUS account on rail.cc. With your purchase you support all the free information on rail.cc. Thank you!
Do you have further questions and need assistance? Do not hesitate to ask in our friendly forum where you always get detailed help.
Eurail in Spain
How to travel by Eurail in Spain. Overview and information to travel routes, Spanish train types, night trains and Eurail reservations.
about railcc: We are real travellers and offer honest and well-grounded tips and tricks for your train journey.