Österreichische Bundesbahnen (ÖBB)
Interrail通票 与 S-Bahn (S)。如果预订座位，或者怎样可以免费旅行。列车信息、图片与视频短片。
S-Bahn ("Schnellbahn") services are suburban trains operating around the larger cities. Originally used only for suburban services in and around Vienna the "S-Bahn" brand is now used for regional trains in and around many state capitals of Austria.
In Vienna, S-Bahn services frequently connect the city centre with the suburbs. Each line usually is operated in intervals of 30 minutes. This results in a very frequent service on the trunk line through Vienna.
Outside of Vienna and Lower Austria you can find S-Bahn trains in the following states:
- Styria (mostly services from/to Graz)
- Carinthia (almost all regional trains)
- Upper Austria (services from/to Linz)
- Salzburg (services from/to Salzburg)
- Tyrol (almost all regional trains)
- Vorarlberg (almost all regional trains)
In these states, regional trains have been branded "S-Bahn" mainly for marketing reasons. Train frequencies can vary between 30 and 60 minutes, sometimes (on weekends and in the evening) even more.
There are several different types of trains. All are 2nd class only.
- Cityjet: electro multiple unit, most modern trains; low-floor, air-condition, power sockets, equipped for persons with reduced mobility, bicycle storage. Wifi on some trains
- Talent: electro multiple unit;low-floor, air-condition, equipped for persons with reduced mobility, bicycle storage
- Desiro: diesel multiple unit; low-floor, air-condition, equipped for persons with reduced mobility, bicycle storage
- City Shuttle: single-deck carriages; high-floor, no air-condition, bicycle storage
- City Shuttle/Wiesel: double-deck carriages; low-floor, air-condition, equipped for persons with reduced mobility, bicycle storage
Seat reservation is not possible.