Userpic

foxfamily
Traveller
0 comments

Posted 7 years ago

Hi,
Me and my family are going interrailing in June (2017) and one of our first trains that we plan to catch is the night train from Krakow to Budapest.
However, on the interrailing App it recently seems like there is no direct night train, but that you have to change train three times in the night.
When I look in this site (rail.cc) it looks as though it is just the train that changes number and there still is a night train.
Do you know which information is correct? I have asked in "interrail.eu" but had no proper answer. And strangly a few month ago they had the night train listed on their site as well without changes.

The date we planned to travel krakow - Budapest is the night between the 10th and 11th of June.

Follow this topic
Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 7 years ago

Hi and welcome to rail.cc,

this is a very common issue and there are the same questions about this night train every year. ;)

Of course you do not have to change trains in the middle of the night. The Railplanner App doesnt display the night train correctly, since the train consists of a group of "through coaches" which are attached to a number of different trains (hence the multiple train numbers).

A simple explanation from a train nerd: ;)
The Krakow - Budapest cars are attached to the night train Krakow - Prague until Bohumin; then they are carried with the Warsaw - Vienna night train until Breclav; and finally they are attached to the Berlin - Budapest night train to Budapest.

Support our work by purchasing your Interrail passes through our partner link to interrail.eu: [ux]https://rail.shop/interrail[/ux] - thank you! :)

If you have more questions just ask.

Flo