Nederlandse Spoorwegen (NS)
Interrail och InterCity (IC). Hur man köper platsreservation eller om man kan resa gratis. Information om InterCity (IC), bilder och videoklipp.
Intercity trains of NS (Dutch Railways) are the backbone of Dutch long-distance travel. Several different lines connect all important cities of the Netherlands. You'll find a train at least every 30 minutes on every line. Between the most important cities, such as Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Utrecht and Den Haag frequencies are usually every 15 minutes or even more frequently.
- All trains are air-conditioned and offer both 2nd and 1st class seats in open-plan arrangement
- In 2nd class you will find four seats (2+2), in 1st class three seats (2+1) per row. Seats are arranged facing each other as well as in rows
- Wifi is available on most trains
- On some peak time departures snacks and drinks are sold by a minibar service
- All trains have storage places for bicycles
- Trains are usually equipped for passengers with reduced mobility
The most common train types are:
- VIRM: double-deck multiple units running on the most frequented services
- ICM: single-deck multiple units
- NID: modernized, older double-deck multiple units
- ICR: regular loco-hauled coaches
On many routes, several sets of multiple units run coupled until a certain station where trains split and continue to different destinations. Make sure to board the correct portion of the train.
IC trains usually are the fastest available trains on the conventional network, stopping only in larger cities and at important junctions. However, some Intercity lines serve the last portion of their journey as regular stopping train, calling at all intermediate stations.
Seat reservation is not possible.
Rotterdam - Utrecht - Amersfoort - Leeuwarden/Groningen/Enschede | Alkmaar - Amsterdam - Utrecht - Eindhoven - Maastricht/Heerlen | Den Haag - Rotterdam - Eindhoven
Buy the reservation at a railway station. Reservations are usually available at stations in all countries where a particular train runs through. In many countries, especially in central and eastern Europe you can also buy reservations for trains in other countries. In some countries (for instance in the Netherlands or Spain) you have to pay a service fee at the ticket counter.
Köp ditt officiella Interrail-kort på vår partners butik rail.cc/interrail.eu. Skaffa ett gratis PLUS konto på rail.cc. Samma service, priser och villkor som den officiella butiken. Med ditt köp stödjer du all den fria informationen på rail.cc. Tack!
Har du övriga frågor eller behöver du hjälp? Fråga i så fall på vårt forum, där du alltid får trevliga och praktiska svar.
Interrail i Nederländerna
Hur man tågluffar med Interrail i Nederländerna. Överblick och information om resvägar, tågtyper, nattåg och Interrail-reservationer.
om railcc: Vi är ivriga resenärer som erbjuder pålitliga och välgrundade tips för din tågresa.