Userpic

kero11
Traveller
1 comments

Posted 7 years ago

can i buy interrailpass wihtout my passaport.I am planning to buy my interrailpass now with my national card id number.I will buy my passaport one mounth later.Is it possible ?

Follow this topic
Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

replied 7 years ago

Hi.
Which country are you from ? I\'m from Germany and here we have the passport and a national ID-card (=Personalausweis). To travel within the EU, both documents are valid and I can buy the Interrail pass [ux]https://rail.shop/interrail[/ux] with both documents, it does not has to be the passport.
Pete :)

Userpic

kero11
Traveller
1 comments

replied 7 years ago

I am from Turkey and every turkey citizen has a national id card and number.It only demonstrates you are a citizen of turkey.However, citizen who wants to go abroad needs a passaport as you know.Not to miss the discount i want to buy the interrail pass now and then i will take my passaport before the journey.Can i give my id card number instead of my passaport number? By the way thanks for your replies Pete :D

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

replied 7 years ago

Always interesting to learn the differences. :)

In your case, you will need to fill in the passport number in the order form of your Interrail pass purchase.
It is not possible to buy the Interrail pass without passport in your case. :|

Note: if I\'m right, you will need as well a Schengen visa to travel within the Schengen area: [ux]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schengen_Area[/ux]
The 15% promo Interrail offer are non-refundable Interrail passes. If you do not have a Schengen visa for now, I recommend to get one first, before you buy the Interrail pass. Not to end up having the promo Interrail pass but not having a Schengen visa on your day of departure!

I hope this information helps...?!
Pete :)

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 7 years ago

Hi,

shouldnt it be possible to buy the Interrail pass with your ID card number (which will then be printed on your Interrail pass) and then travel with both your ID card (to prove you are the owner of the Interrail ticket) and your passport/visa (for border controls)?

Anyway, as Peter already said: the Promo Passes cannot be refunded so I wouldnt recommend buying a pass before you get your Schengen visa.

Flo