Userpic

saraharmstrong
Traveller
0 comments

Posted 7 years ago

I am a Australian citizen (AU passport) who has lived in London UK for 9 months and have a 2 year visa. I wonder if I get a Interrail or Eurail pass for a 15 day tour of Europe. Also, is a UK biometric card enough evidence if I do purchase an Interrail pass?

Follow this topic
Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 7 years ago

Hi!

The official rules regarding proof of resideny are as follows:

[m]What can be used as proof of residence?
Your residence can be proved with official government-issued residency papers. This must be a valid document that clearly shows that you\\\\\\\'re an official resident of the country you live in (for example, a residence card).

Your proof of residence will be accepted if:

It is issued by the government.

It is valid for the entire duration of your Interrail trip.

It has an official mark or stamp from the issuing body.

It clearly states the issuing country.

It clearly states your name.

Documents such as bills, rental contracts or bank statements cannot be used. Travel visas and the residency field of a passport are also not accepted as proof of residency.[/m]

If the biometric card states your residency in the UK you should be fine; however since this card probably doesnt serve as an ID card you would have to use your passport to purchase the pass (and have the passport number printed on your ticket; using your passport for ID and your biometric card for proof of residence).

To support our work buy your pass through our affiliate link at no extra costs: [ux]https://rail.shop/interrail[/ux] - thank you! :)

Flo 8)