Interrail train reservations
Österreichische Bundesbahnen (ÖBB)
Interrail and Regionalexpress (REX). How to buy a reservation or can I travel for free. Train information, photos and videos.
The Interrail pass is NOT available for purchase in your selected country of residence (USA). You have to travel with an Eurail pass.
REX (Regional express) are semi fast regional trains calling at fewer stations compared to regular regional trains. They consist of a variety of modern air-conditioned multiple units or double-deck carriages or older regular carriages.
There are several different types of trains. All are 2nd class only.
- Cityjet: electro multiple unit, most modern trains; low-floor, air-condition, power sockets, equipped for persons with reduced mobility, bicycle storage. Wifi on some trains
- Talent: electro multiple unit;low-floor, air-condition, equipped for persons with reduced mobility, bicycle storage
- Desiro: diesel multiple unit; low-floor, air-condition, equipped for persons with reduced mobility, bicycle storage
- City Shuttle: single-deck carriages; high-floor, no air-condition, bicycle storage
- City Shuttle/Wiesel: double-deck carriages; low-floor, air-condition, equipped for persons with reduced mobility, bicycle storage
Seat reservation is not possible.
Do you have further questions and need assistance? Do not hesitate to ask in our friendly forum where you always get detailed help.
Interrail in Austria
How to travel by Interrail in Austria. Overview and information to travel routes, Austrian train types, night trains and Interrail reservations.
about railcc: We are real travellers and offer honest and well-grounded tips and tricks for your train journey.