Which trains to use with Interrail pass?

seandoc @ 16-04-2008 16:53

I am only after buying the youth £180.00 interrail pass for 10 days in 22. I plan to travel in the month of June. After looking through the timetables from the link posted in this forum i have discovered that there are many trains leaving from different stations. There are also express trains and trains which take much longer than others.

What i would like to know is with the interrail pass what trains i can get and which ones i cannot??

For example to go from Krakow to Budapest there is a train that takes 16 hours with 4 stops. There is however also a train that takes 10 hours and is an express. Am i able to get this train with the pass or will i be forced to take the longer journey.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

SiDUDe @ 16-04-2008 19:09

you will probably have to pay a suppliment for the faster train. Almost every train that has compulsary reservation will have a suppliment. Also, if you are looking to travel overnight, you will have to pay a suppliment for a couchette/sleeper, if you want a bed

Pete @ 17-04-2008 08:58

just have a look at: https://rail.cc/en/interrail-train-reservation
there are all trains listed for which you need a supplement.

but in general: you can use every train in Europe. only on some super-fast-trains you have to pay supplements. but there is always a way around.
and for the night trains: if you want a bed, you have to pay a supplement for it - if you want a bed in a hostel, you have to pay as well. and often the night trains are cheaper than the hostels in the big cities and you save travel time when traveling by night. 🙂

free train connections researched by the railccs: https://rail.cc/en/search-interrail-route

have a lot of fun,
Peter
🙂

Please login to write a message.

about railcc: We are real travellers and offer honest and well-grounded tips and tricks for your train journey.

rail.cc is partner and friend of
Deutsche Bahn Logo
Interrail Logo
Eurail Logo
Omio Logo
Trainline Logo
ACPRail Logo
NS Logo
SNCB Logo
Booking.com Logo
China Highlights Logo
12GoAsia Logo
Flixtrain Logo
Inlandsbanan Logo
Nightjet Logo
SJ Logo
RealRussia Logo
Kiwi.com Logo
Airbnb Logo
DJI Logo
Rentalcars Logo

COOKIES: by use of the railcc website, you agree to the use of cookies in accordance with our privacy policy. For further information about the use and management of our cookies, we ask you to accept our cookies policy.