Where do I upgrade to sleepers ?

pinklady303 @ 30-04-2007 20:08

Hi
I have just bought my global pass for 22 days around Europe and wondered where I book the sleeper carriages?

I have found all the train times, but no idea where I book them, if anyone can help I would be much appreciated.

Thanks

admin @ 02-05-2007 00:42

Hi,
The sleepers, both couchettes and sleeping car, can be reserved in the train station wherever you are on your trip. I believe that some routes are pretty popular, so booking as far in advance as possible is adviseable.

I've interrailed twice in the summer and found no problem with booking; even on the day of travel. Last year I bought a couchette place, on the train from Bordeaux to Lyon, from the conductor (Monsieur controlleur). Cost: 17 Euros.

I'm also taking a 22 day trip in July - taking in places in Holland, Switzerland, Germany, Poland, Czech Rep, Italy and Provence.

Bonne vacance.

pinklady303 @ 06-05-2007 18:02

thanks, if I want to book the reservations in advance where do I do that? is there somewhere on the internet?
I just want to get it all sorted before I go.

Miro @ 07-05-2007 13:01

I don't know from where you are, but in Holland you can go to a station and ask to make reservations.

Pete @ 07-05-2007 14:15

yes... you can do it at a station or if it is not possible you can do it as well online: https://rail.shop/interrail

Please login to write a message.

about railcc: We are real travellers and offer honest and well-grounded tips and tricks for your train journey.

rail.cc is partner and friend of
Deutsche Bahn Logo
Interrail Logo
Eurail Logo
Omio Logo
Trainline Logo
ACPRail Logo
NS Logo
SNCB Logo
Booking.com Logo
China Highlights Logo
12GoAsia Logo
Flixtrain Logo
Inlandsbanan Logo
Nightjet Logo
SJ Logo
RealRussia Logo
Kiwi.com Logo
Airbnb Logo
DJI Logo
Rentalcars Logo

COOKIES: by use of the railcc website, you agree to the use of cookies in accordance with our privacy policy. For further information about the use and management of our cookies, we ask you to accept our cookies policy.