Userpic

anonymous
Traveller
2467 comments

Posted 4 years ago

Hi, can I catch a train from the Vipava Valley to Bologna? or do I need to travel from Ljubjlana?

Follow this topic
Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1336 comments

replied 4 years ago

No idea, never ever heard of that. Do you live there in some tiny SLO village? In any case, IF youre a tourist its seems evident to me you first have to get there, likely also from Lju? and thus know the way back-reverse.
Use any of the many train travel planners (like bahn.de) to see how it goes for Ljub-Bol, or If you have the definite name of a tiny village that also has a station in that valley, put that in. DO realise (if youre not so familair with trains) that its not an airline and planners only tend to work for the next 3-4 monthes, after that it may vary a little, too early for any definitive fixed timings, but simply use tomorrows or so timings as a rough guiding. And in any case you will have to change trains some 3-4 times at least.
As a rule of thumb: one can travel by train between ANY 2 stations ANYwhere in Europe and as far as Russia-China-Vietnam. Its just that some trips are easy and others more difficult. Just like life in general.

Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1336 comments

replied 4 years ago

Step 2-always eager to learn something new (even though having worked for many yrs in tourism) so this is named a hidden gem for walks and wine. It lays somewhere between Lju and It border and yes, since just a short period there are again trains on rails toward Trs/Triƫst in IT, so you can likely avoid the backtrack to Lju. I would rather advise you to check locally or google for avtogara .si to see if there are any more easy BUSlinks to Tr and use the IT/trenIt train from there. Likely to save time and much more money too.

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 4 years ago

Hi!

There is no train from Vipava to anywhere. The closest train station is Ajdovscina, but it will your best option to catch a bus from Vipava to Nova Gorica.
In Nova Gorica, go across the border to the Italian twin city of Gorizia from where you can catch trains to Trieste, Udine and Venice, from where you can continue to Bologna.

When do you want to travel?

Flo