Userpic

stezbot
Traveller
31 comments

Posted 16 years ago

i'm really interested in vienna for the pure fact that it was the leader in art nouveau (if no-one knows what this is, it was the art movement that broke from renaissance-type stuff and led to modernism). as i'm a fashion student it's interesting as it influenced fashion too. but from the perspective of vienna just as a city, is it worth visiting besides the architecture? or in fact, is the architecture worth a visit in itself? i'd only be visiting for a day perhaps anyway but if this day could be spent someone else, i'd prefer to do that then go to vienna and find it's not so interesting. perhaps there's another place in austria that's better?

thanks!

Follow this topic
Userpic

Thomas S
Traveller
26 comments

replied 15 years ago

Definitely worth spending a day in Vienna - worth spending several days there, I'd say. Vienna is immensly strollable, so chock-full of amazing architecture and peaceful parks that it's possible to spend several days just wandering around without any real goal (the historic centre is fairly big, so you'll spend a lot of time simply walking).

Userpic

Iristja
Traveller
18 comments

replied 15 years ago

My boyfriend is an art-student as well and he is studying there for 6 months now, he is there for 2 weeks now, but when I talk to him he is very enthusiastic about the city. I'm going to visit him for more then 2 weeks and he says we are not getting bored he said. (and we're not gonna spend al our time in bed hehe ;) ) So am very curious, so if I have to believe him it is worth visiting. Have fun!