Userpic

x_rob
Traveller
0 comments

Posted 15 years ago

Hey,

I just received my Interrail 5 day in 10 ticket in the post this morning and whilst reading through the documents enclosed I saw something about validating the ticket. In the booklet it only talked about validating in France; are there any other countries that require you to validate your ticket before using it? I'm planning to go to Switzerland, Austria and Germany - should I need to validate it for any of that trip?

Thanks

Follow this topic
Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

replied 15 years ago

hi...
my information is that you only have to validate the supplements/reservations and extra tickets/sheets you buy for high-speed-trains or night trains...
maybe this spring is something new? but normally you can not validate a global pass... after 5 days it is full of stamps and so on and you can read anything any more on the original ticket. ;)
and I never had any problems travelling with my InterRail ticket without validation in France. :)
peter :)

Userpic

eglunicus
Traveller
5 comments

replied 11 years ago

It just makes me wonder, how and when this 'validation legend' started. Internet is still full of those warnings to validate your pass. Why on Earth you should do it though, I've got mine today, the dates are printed, you cannot change them, you still have to fill the travel dates yourself. :) Maybe some years ago while buying a ticket you shouldn't have filled the dates, just could hop on the train whenever you felt like it? Who knows? Cause these warnings are scary though. When I bought mine, I was warned too. xo But then I just read what's written on the pass, only manual insertion of dates is required and everything's fine then.

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

replied 11 years ago

Note: you are replying to a topic older than 3 years.