Userpic

anonymous
Traveller
2467 comments

Posted 15 years ago

Swedish resident planning to travel parts of southern and eastern europe, 10 traveldays on a 22 day period.
Want to reach Barcelona by flight, spend about a week there before heading to Genua or somewhere near in Italy by boat before activating the interrail ticket.
1 Can the ticket be bought i spain?
2 Can I start using (acivate) the ticket anywhere, even outside country of residence?
3 There are some ferrylines with discounts connected to the ticket, does the ticket have to be activated before using these discounts or do I simply have to prove ownership of Interrail ticket to use the discounts?
4 Does a nighttrain, leaving in the evening - entering in the morning, consume two traveldays?

Follow this topic
Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

replied 15 years ago

Hi.
Here are your answers...

1) you can buy it at a big big railway station. Try to speak Spanish and check if you get a correct one!
2) you chose the starting day of your ticket when purchasing it. So the ticket activates itself by the date you selected.
3) no... no discounts. The ticket has to be active.
4) if it is a direct night train leaving after 1900h in the evening then yes. But not on the first day your ticket is valid. For the details read: [u]https://rail.cc/en/interrail-night-train[/u]

Have fun on your tour, Peter :)