Userpic

PhilippB
Traveller
1 comments

Posted 5 years ago

Hi,

I\'d like to take the trenhotel night train from Lisbon to Hendaye in March. However, on the day I want to travel (27th) there is no option to book a bed in the "cama turista" (4-bed sleepers), only common seats and the expensive 2-bed sleepers. Apart from three other days in that month (12th, 13th, 26th), I can book those beds on every day (the train operates daily). It is also very unlikely to be sold out. Because until today, it was not possible to book the train at all, I checked daily on Renfe and Loco2. (The booking site that rail.cc links to does not seem to work at all for this connection.)

Is it possible that the train operates without the 4-bed sleepers on some (few) days? Or is it possible that booking for those beds opens later?

Thank you very much in advance.

Cheers
Philipp

Follow this topic
Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 5 years ago

Hi Philipp, welcome to railcc!

It is unlikely that the train will run without the Cama Turista coaches on these dates since the Talgo trainsets on this train are coupled permanently and it would be quite complicated to detach these coaches from the train - basically only possible in the workshops in Madrid.
Also, the trainset that works the train on March 27 from Lisbon to Hendaye works the return service from Hendaye to Lisbon on March 28 and for this train Cama Turista is available (similarly, on March 26 the same trainset is scheduled to work the train from Madrid to Lisbon and for this train as well Cama Turista is available.

I dont know why Cama Turista is not available on your date of travel (and the other dates you mentioned); I can only imagine the train either being full (possible group travel) or a technical issue. Only option would be to wait and try again every other day and/or contact CP or RENFE directly to ask what the issue is.

Flo

Userpic

PhilippB
Traveller
1 comments

replied 5 years ago

Thank you very much for your response! I contacted Renfe now and will try again daily.