boffin78 @ 02-09-2008 22:12

I'm going on a last minute interrail around europe and am a little concerned about money! It's too late for me to open a nationwide account (free withdrawals abroad) so I was thinking of getting a Travel Money Card from the Post Office.

Has any one ever used them before? If so, would you recommend? Also, anyone know how much an average ATM cash withdrawal is in Europe?

Thanks!

RobinRailroad @ 02-09-2008 22:50

Hi boffin78,

You might find this interesting:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/working_lunch/7493861.stm

One thing, do not, do not, do not, withdraw cash from an ATM on a credit card, this is horrendously expensive way to do it!

Best is to deal in as little cash as possible, then the risk is less if your are robbed, and you can use debit cards world wide to pay for products directly.

More advice: DO tell your bank that you are going, before you leave, because they may stop your card when they see it used in an unusual place, if you haven't advised them.

Have fun!

Please login to write a message.

about railcc: We are real travellers and offer honest and well-grounded tips and tricks for your train journey.

rail.cc is partner and friend of
Deutsche Bahn Logo
Interrail Logo
Eurail Logo
Omio Logo
Trainline Logo
ACPRail Logo
NS Logo
SNCB Logo
Booking.com Logo
China Highlights Logo
12GoAsia Logo
Flixtrain Logo
Inlandsbanan Logo
Nightjet Logo
SJ Logo
RealRussia Logo
Kiwi.com Logo
Airbnb Logo
DJI Logo
Rentalcars Logo

COOKIES: by use of the railcc website, you agree to the use of cookies in accordance with our privacy policy. For further information about the use and management of our cookies, we ask you to accept our cookies policy.