Userpic

anonymous
Traveller
2467 comments

Posted 4 years ago

I'm looking to book train tickets from Karlstad to Oslo at the end of May, 2020. When I try to book, it appears that there is no train service on that particular day even though it appears that no track maintenance is scheduled for that day. If I do purchase a ticket for travel that day, can I assume that the rail provider will get me to my destination regardless of the specific method of transportation (rail or bus)? I would like to get to Oslo in the minimum amount of time.

Follow this topic
Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1335 comments

replied 4 years ago

Hm, so it seems youre from far away and how do you get there then?
Seems to me there is the usual 2 month limit one can book advance, that may be shorter if there are some kind of works, the line is much longer, most trains do STO_Oslo, and works/diversions somewhere else may also influence this sector.
Usually the combined national railways of NO+SE, VY and SJ, arrange things so that passengers will get to their destinations. If that is always the very shortest in time-likely not if you are very picky about that.
If you cannot bear the thought of having to live in uncertainty for another week or 2-try the bus. FLIX or SWEbuss. Fear of fullness is totally unnecessary.

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

replied 4 years ago

Hi.
It seems it was like nltrainer said. Two months limit.
I just tested the 12 May and it was possible to book direct train connections, either on https://rail.shop/omio/karlstad/oslo or on the SJ website.
Best, Pete :)