Userpic

anonymous
Traveller
2467 comments

Posted 11 years ago

I thought I'd post this on this website, as we're having trouble finding an answer, and thought SOMEONE who's done Interrailing must have done Tomorrowland too. :)

So, 5 friends and I are going Interrailing in Summer 2013, and we will hopefully end up at Tomorrowland Festival in Belgium. The festival is three days long (Friday to Sunday), but we would only be going on one day (the Friday, 26th July). The festival is in Boom, and we would be staying in a hostel in Antwerp (near to the Grand Central Station). We are aware of the wealth of transport options available to get from Antwerp to Boom, and this shouldn't be a problem.

However, the return journey seems a bit more complicated. The concert will finish around 1:00am, so we are trying to look for ways to get back to our hostel in Antwerp, that leave Boom around 1:30/2am, as we know that public transport would have stopped by this time/doesn't run on the weekend. We have heard that in previous years, there was a shuttle bus to take people back to Antwerp after the concert, but we can't find any details of it. Has this been the case in previous years? If so, was it provided by Tomorrowland/was it free/does it have to be organised in advance if you want to use it? And is it likely that it will also run this year?

If this is not an option, we would also consider ordering a taxi. However, does anyone know if this is actually practical given the amount of people at Tomorrowland, and that someone could easily steal our taxi booking?

If you have any information on any of the above, please let us know.
Thanks, we really appreciate it!

Follow this topic
Userpic

NatureOne
Traveller
273 comments

replied 11 years ago

Hi,
have a closer look at the dreamville site: [u]http://www.dreamville.be/how-get-there[/u]
There is an information about a FREE shuttle. But it only runs on Thursday and Friday and Monday. Maybe you think of staying at Dreamville?
So I think there's a Kiss & Ride Zone, where the taxis are waiting :) I think you don't have to call a taxi, because there are several. So just get one :) [u]http://www.dreamville.be/sites/default/files/Dreamville2012_Howtogetthere_EN.pdf[/u]
So I hope you'll get a ticket... :D

Userpic

nltrainer
Traveller
1324 comments

replied 11 years ago

From my exp in BE there are ALWAYS deLIJN shuttle buses (this is the Vlaamse vervoer mIJ) after such big events-often included in ticketprice. to nearby main towns- mechelen, Antwerpen, etc. And you wont be alone, but with 100s others.
taxi's cost very expensive in BE
BUSes Antw-Boom run ev 10 mins daytime-the 500 to Mechelen, trains are just to give some work for otherwise jobless railwayworkers there