Userpic

anonymous
Traveller
2467 comments

Posted 15 years ago

Hi! I'm Portuguese and I'm planning to do an interrail by the Summer with 3 friends. Since we have (just) 15 days of vacations, but there are no interrail ticket for 15 days (just 10 or 22), we're planning to go by plain to some country (I'm wishing Ireland!), stay there 2 or 3 days and than start using the interrail pass. So, my question is... where should we validate the ticket? Can we validate it just in Ireland? Or we have to it in Portugal?

Thanks in advance guys,
Sofia

Follow this topic
Userpic

anonymous
Traveller
2467 comments

replied 15 years ago

Obviously (or not! :P ) I'm talking about the ticket first validation, I don't know if there are some special name for this... :)

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9330 comments

replied 15 years ago

Hi Sofia ...
you do not have to validate your ticket.
when you purchase your ticket, you select the first day it will be valid. and from this date you can use your ticket then. just jump into a train.
only the travel days (you have 10 in your case) you have to fill in manually during your tour. just fill one in your ticket when you need it... so you are flexible and free! :)
have a good time... Peter :)

Userpic

anonymous
Traveller
2467 comments

replied 15 years ago

Thank you very much for the quick reply! ;)

Userpic

anonymous
Traveller
2467 comments

replied 14 years ago

I'm thinking of starting my interrail pass in Paris.
I'm going to buy my interrail pass starting on 24th july but I will fly from Lisbon to Paris before that. At the 24th of July (the first day of travel) can I use high speed trains?

Thank you! :P

Inês

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 14 years ago

You choose the starting day - at 0000 you can start using the trains. However since you're starting in Paris you're likely to take a TGV train - these have a 3/10€ supplement including a reservation that you have to buy in advance.
And avoid going by Thalys and Eurostar as there are cheaper alternatives.