Userpic

Christopher
Traveller
14 comments

Posted 15 years ago

Hello.

My friend and I have 1 month tickets. We are not planning much, but the rough idea is to start in Paris, then travel down the west coast of France into Spain before ferrying across to Italy, then heading north-east down through Croatia and possibly down to Greece before coming back up through eastern Europe into Poland and then Germany before heading home via the Netherlands.

Has anyone done this? Is it realistic?

Follow this topic
Userpic

Thomas S
Traveller
26 comments

replied 15 years ago

It sounds like a bit too much, unless you plan to travel for more than a month. Italy, France, Spain and Greece should be given at least a week each, unless you just want to jump from one capital to the next - and you need to take some heave transportation into account as well, ferries between countries and the like can eat days out of your schedule.

While I won't say that I recommend it, cutting Greece out of the schedule might make things more managable.

Sounds like an amazing route, though, give me two months of travel and I'd do it myself. :)

Userpic

Christopher
Traveller
14 comments

replied 15 years ago

I was considering speaking to my friend about cutting out Greece, as we've both already been there recently and it does make things much more difficult.

So, if that was the case, we'd come down from Italy into Croatia and then loop down and up through eastern Europe.

Would this be more realistic?

Userpic

Christopher
Traveller
14 comments

replied 15 years ago

God damn it.

Userpic

Thomas S
Traveller
26 comments

replied 15 years ago

Oh, sorry - but yes, definitely more realistic. Getting to/from Greece overland takes some time, and it's not a country where an interrail ticket pays off; normal train tickets are quite cheap, if you take the slower trains, much of the country is only serviced by busses, and an interrail ticket won't do you any good if you're going island hopping.