The Blue Grotto

Emma @ 18-01-2008 21:33

I'm going to try and see the Blue Grotto when I go to Italy, but I haven't found much information on how to get there! I know I can go to Naples, but I'm not sure if I can get to Molo Beverello port from there. Also, once I get to Capri, how can I get to the Blue Grotto from there? Do the island railways count on my Interrail ticket?

Pete @ 19-01-2008 11:25

hi ... 🙂
you will arrive in Napoli Centrale. Then take the bus to the harbor called Beverello (2km - about 1.50 EUR).

There take a normal ship (not the super-fast-ones). It is about 5 EUR one-way and needs 80 minutes. You can catch a ship every 60 minutes, in the main times and in summer every 30 minutes.

Public buses at the island of Capri are not included in your Interrail pass - there are no trains on Capri!

To visit the Blue Grotto, you can take a ship from Molo Beverello where your ferry from Napoli will arrive.

Don't do it on weekends: too much people !!!

Have fun,
Peter
🙂

Emma @ 20-01-2008 16:08

Thanks very much! I saw there was a 'funicular' on Capri but I guess it takes me to the wrong place. I'll make sure I do it on a weekday. 🙂

Miro @ 20-01-2008 19:47

I read something on a site about the blue grotto, it says you won't be able to enter the grotto during winds from the southwest and mistral winds. So be sure you don't go in the mistral season and have a look at the weather forecasts!

Emma @ 22-01-2008 15:39

I'm try to find dates for that but all I have found so far is that the mistral season is in winter and spring. I'm thinking of going in very late March/early April. Will this be too soon?

Please login to write a message.

about railcc: We are real travellers and offer honest and well-grounded tips and tricks for your train journey.

rail.cc is partner and friend of
Deutsche Bahn Logo
Interrail Logo
Eurail Logo
Omio Logo
Trainline Logo
ACPRail Logo
NS Logo
SNCB Logo
Booking.com Logo
China Highlights Logo
12GoAsia Logo
Flixtrain Logo
Inlandsbanan Logo
Nightjet Logo
SJ Logo
RealRussia Logo
Kiwi.com Logo
Airbnb Logo
DJI Logo
Rentalcars Logo

COOKIES: by use of the railcc website, you agree to the use of cookies in accordance with our privacy policy. For further information about the use and management of our cookies, we ask you to accept our cookies policy.