Userpic

Mike
Traveller
2 comments

Posted 15 years ago

Hi,

A friend and I are going InterRailing through Europe in September, going from the UK to Berlin on August 30th, then through Prague, Bratislava, Vienna, Zurich, Florence and finishing in Rome on September 21st, with hopefully a day or two to spend in Interlaken, too.

We've booked our hostels for Berlin and Prague as we know we have to be in Bratislava on the 5th to meet people, so up until then we'll have to stick to our 'plan'. After that we'll be pretty flexible, as long as we get to Rome in time for the flight home!

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has contributed to these forums in the past (esp. people like iaink & Peter), as I've been reading them and they've provided me with lots of information and advice that I otherwise wouldn't have known. Before we go I will give all of the forums a proper read so I can absorb as much advice as possible, and I also need to browse the net looking for things to do in each of the cities we are visiting. Any advice or good travel site recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Follow this topic
Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

replied 15 years ago

hej Mike ... :)

that's really nice to hear from you ...!!! thank you!! :os

two things I can ad to your tour:
1) Berlin: go to the part of the city called Friedrichshain, leave at S-Bahn station Warschauer Strasse and go north. a part of the town with a lot of bars, clubs and young people. I love it there.
2) maybe if you have the time (and the money - as it is not cheap like the rest of Poland), make a stop in Krokow. also nice to have a party... :)

have a great summer tour, Peter :)

Userpic

Mike
Traveller
2 comments

replied 15 years ago

[quote]1) Berlin: go to the part of the city called Friedrichshain, leave at S-Bahn station Warschauer Strasse and go north. a part of the town with a lot of bars, clubs and young people. I love it there.
[/quote]
Thanks Peter. We're staying not far from there in Wilmersdorf, so we'll definately be checking it out on the Saturday night that we arrive. I'd like to go to the Tresor club though that night, which is held at a renovated power plant on Köpenickerstrasse in Mitte.

[quote]make a stop in Krokow. also nice to have a party...
[/quote]
I'd like to go to Krakow, but it may just be a step too far this time. I'm from Liverpool, too, so we can get relatively cheap flights out there from Liverpool airport, so we could always go for a weekend.