skumraket @ 01-08-2008 12:57

Me and my friend are going to Split for about 3 days (via Prag, Vienna and Zagreb) in a couple of weeks. Just wondering if anybody's got any tips about stuff to do there or places to eat, hostels to stay at.. anything is appreciated!!

Thanks 🤣

starbizarre @ 03-08-2008 11:40

Hey. try the Hostel Spinut on https://rail.shop/hostelworld . Itś cheap, clean and comfy. The rooms are student dorms. Though it`s not right in the centre of Split but it is walkable in half our or buses go regularly from outside. I loved Split, staying in Trogir at the mo just up the coast, also gorgeous!!!

skumraket @ 04-08-2008 09:19

all sounds great -- thanks for your tips!

what about going out clubbing? which clubs would you recommend for a good night? (am a bit more into the alternative scene than anything else) would also love to know which clubs are more local and not so turisty.. 🙂

another thing; is it worth going by ferry or bus to dubrovnick? we're just staying for about 2½ days so perhaps it'd just get to busy

cheers!

mattym @ 04-08-2008 21:40

I done some research on trying to get to Dubrovnik

And found that you can get a cheap (38eur incl. taxes!) from Zagreb to Dubrovnik and it just takes 55 minutes. Think were going to do that, it would save alot of hassle too. Otherwise you have to get a 10 hour train journey to Split and then a horrible bus journey or island hop to Dubrovnik.

Theres also a flight from Split to Dubrovnik that takes 30 mins and it is only around 40 euro aswell.

david_23 @ 11-08-2009 14:24

Does anyone know the name of the airline that does these local flights between Zagreb and Split/Dubrovnik. Also, has anyone experienced the train journey from Zagreb to Ljubljana, i heard this can be a long journey due to border crossing issues????

David

SiDUDe @ 11-08-2009 17:28

Ive travelled Ljubljana - Zagreb, didnt even notice the border...

Please login to write a message.

about railcc: We are real travellers and offer honest and well-grounded tips and tricks for your train journey.

rail.cc is partner and friend of
Deutsche Bahn Logo
Interrail Logo
Eurail Logo
Omio Logo
Trainline Logo
ACPRail Logo
NS Logo
SNCB Logo
Booking.com Logo
China Highlights Logo
12GoAsia Logo
Flixtrain Logo
Inlandsbanan Logo
Nightjet Logo
SJ Logo
RealRussia Logo
Kiwi.com Logo
Airbnb Logo
DJI Logo
Rentalcars Logo

Cookies: we use cookies for the functionality of rail.cc and statistics - and take care of your personal privacy! There are other companies (Google, Yandex) which tools we have to use, which also place cookies. By the use of rail.cc you agree to the use of cookies in accordance with our privacy policy. For further information about the use and management of our cookies, we ask you to accept our cookies policy. If you can not accept, you have to leave rail.cc.