Userpic

skumraket
Traveller
1 comments

Posted 15 years ago

Me and my friend are going to Split for about 3 days (via Prag, Vienna and Zagreb) in a couple of weeks. Just wondering if anybody's got any tips about stuff to do there or places to eat, hostels to stay at.. anything is appreciated!!

Follow this topic
Userpic

starbizarre
Traveller
8 comments

replied 15 years ago

Hey. try the Hostel Spinut on [ux]https://rail.shop/hostelworld[/ux] . Itś cheap, clean and comfy. The rooms are student dorms. Though it`s not right in the centre of Split but it is walkable in half our or buses go regularly from outside. I loved Split, staying in Trogir at the mo just up the coast, also gorgeous!!!

Userpic

skumraket
Traveller
1 comments

replied 15 years ago

all sounds great -- thanks for your tips!

what about going out clubbing? which clubs would you recommend for a good night? (am a bit more into the alternative scene than anything else) would also love to know which clubs are more local and not so turisty.. :)

another thing; is it worth going by ferry or bus to dubrovnick? we're just staying for about 2½ days so perhaps it'd just get to busy

cheers!

Userpic

mattym
Traveller
1 comments

replied 15 years ago

I done some research on trying to get to Dubrovnik

And found that you can get a cheap (38eur incl. taxes!) from Zagreb to Dubrovnik and it just takes 55 minutes. Think were going to do that, it would save alot of hassle too. Otherwise you have to get a 10 hour train journey to Split and then a horrible bus journey or island hop to Dubrovnik.

Theres also a flight from Split to Dubrovnik that takes 30 mins and it is only around 40 euro aswell.

Userpic

david_23
Traveller
1 comments

replied 14 years ago

Does anyone know the name of the airline that does these local flights between Zagreb and Split/Dubrovnik. Also, has anyone experienced the train journey from Zagreb to Ljubljana, i heard this can be a long journey due to border crossing issues????

David

Userpic

SiDUDe
Traveller
752 comments

replied 14 years ago

Ive travelled Ljubljana - Zagreb, didnt even notice the border...