Userpic

Tarxien
Traveller
2 comments

Posted 5 years ago

My wife & I want to travel by train from Sonthofen Barnhof to Munich Airport on 03/08/2019. Our flight back to Malta leaves at 12.10 so we want to catch the 06.30 Alex train from Sonthofen. However, the timetable says that Alex trains on that line are not running from 03 - 25 August. Have I got this right please? Any related advice will be most welcome! Thank you.

Follow this topic
Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

replied 5 years ago

Hello and welcome.
As much as I can see the Alex [ux]https://rail.cc/en/train-type/alex/158[/ux] train runs on 3rd August 2019.

Sonthofen dep 06:30 by Alex train
München-Pasing arr 08:33

München-Pasing dep 08:50 by S-Bahn (=local transport)
München Flughafen Terminal (=airport) arr 09:37

With this connection you also avoid the big Munich Central station.

Tickets and more schedules are available on [ux]https://rail.shop/bahn/Sonthofen/Munich-Flughafen-Terminal/0630/0308[/ux]

Best wishes, Pete :)

Userpic

Tarxien
Traveller
2 comments

replied 5 years ago

Thank you Pete for your welcome and comments - appreciated.

I try to be always optimistic and want to think in a positive manner! However, following the db timetable, under Sonthofen dep. 06.30, it says \'Show details\' and then \'Please note runs not every day, 3. until 25. Aug 2019 Sa, Su; also 11., 12. May\'.

This is the statement that alerted me.

Enjoy the day!

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

replied 5 years ago

Oh I see... yes, it looks confusing these very short explanations. Confusing me as well from time to time. :)
If you search on Bahn and get a result shown for the day you travel, then the train runs definitely. Which is the case on your travel day 03 August 2019.

Explanation of: "Please note runs not every day, 3. until 25. Aug 2019 Sa, Su; also 11., 12. May"
= runs in the period of 03 to 25 August 2019
= runs only Saturday and Sunday
= does not run on every Saturday and Sunday in this period of 03 to 25 August 2019

It can be the case, that the departure is one minute earlier or later for this train on a date between 03 to 25 August. Or minimal changes.

But to summarize: you see the train in the Bahn schedule for your travel day which means: YES, the train runs and is available! No worries! :)

Enjoy your stay in beautiful Sonthofen! And if you have further question, please don\'t hesitate to ask. Pete :)

Userpic

Tarxien
Traveller
2 comments

replied 5 years ago

Pete - you are a treasure and very conscientious! My wife sends you a kiss.

Keep up the good work - and thank you again!