Userpic

max-1
Traveller
5 comments

Posted 15 years ago

Hello,

I need an advice from you. My last interrail trip took(have taken??I always mix these two times) 2 weeks.
I traveled from Germany via France to Edinburgh and carried a Crumpler Rucksack with me. Actually this rucksack is for cameras and has no waisbelt...but i only had a trouser and some shirts with me :P
I'd like to buy a special rucksack for my next trip which is built for travelling.

Which size would you commend? Today i tried a Deuter 45+10 in a store because the shopman say that 20-30l is toooo small :o I guess my camera rucksack has a size of maybe 20l...but ok it was really a bit too small 8)

I mean this rucksack i tried did really fit veery well, but it was a bit too big :|

What are your expierences?

Follow this topic
Userpic

SiDUDe
Traveller
752 comments

replied 15 years ago

if you can travel with 30L the good for you! I have a 60l berghaus bag thats ok, and I just about manage to fit everything in it (including daysack) for a month. Depends how disciplined you are with your packing

Userpic

max-1
Traveller
5 comments

replied 15 years ago

omg 60litre

Did you carry a tent and so on with you or only clothes?

Userpic

SiDUDe
Traveller
752 comments

replied 15 years ago

60 litres isnt that much, and yeah that includes a tent a little bit of cooking stuff, clothes, books, shitloads of chargers and stuff, sleeping bag etc etc

Userpic

SiDUDe
Traveller
752 comments

replied 15 years ago

oh yeah and my epic thermarest airbed thing

Userpic

filipa
Traveller
2 comments

replied 15 years ago

Hi! this summer i'm planning doing a Interrail during one month, i've to buy a rucksack first so i would like to know your opinion about the best volume that the sack must have, knowing that i won't bring a tent with me.

Userpic

SiDUDe
Traveller
752 comments

replied 15 years ago

prob 40-50 litres, make sure it has a decent hipbelt and is the correct backlength

Userpic

max-1
Traveller
5 comments

replied 15 years ago

Hello folks,

I bought a Deuter ACT light 40+10. That's really a nice bag and it's much more comfortable as with my camerabag :P

Userpic

paulthebob
Traveller
12 comments

replied 14 years ago

Regatta 60L did me for 35 days. Just because you have 60L doesn't mean you have to fill it right to the brim. Take what you have and if you've a little space left over, then bring some stuff back.

If you're bringing a smaller bag, say, 30-40L, then bring some disposable clothes you don't mind throwing away, just in case. 20L is absolutely too small. Good for a weekend or a dayruck, but by no means for a traveller.