Userpic

anonymous
Traveller
2467 comments

Posted 15 years ago

Hi I am thinking about buying a Interrail ticket, as I am planing on doing a trip from Marseille through Nice, to Venice, then onto Ljubljana ( via Villach) , then on to Split (via Zagreb) , and later from Split back to Venice ( via god knows where!) and finally back to Marseille, via Nice again

Anyway my (first) question is this. Can i use Interrail on the Nice to Venice part of this , using the Riviera train service and if so how do I even do so? I don't seem to be able to find a place to make the reservation anywhere, and it doesn't even appear on the Belgian or Deutche bahn websites...

the actual train is this:

Fri 27th June 2008:
Depart Nice 9:50 PM get to Venice @ 7:37 AM* following moring.

For example you can see it on the [ux]https://rail.shop/interrail[/ux] websites, but when you go to reserve it it is always a dead link..

Any thoughts?

Thanks!!

Follow this topic
Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

replied 15 years ago

hi...

the Rivera night train Nice - Venezia S. Lucia has a supplement of 40 EUR with InterRail (I am not sure any more but I think so).

TRN 369
Dep. Nice: 21:50h
Arr. Venezia S. Lucia: 07:37h

without a rail-pass it is 75 EUR one-way in a 4-bed-couchette.

mmmh... I just tried to book the ticket via [ux]https://rail.shop/interrail[/ux] and the system worked perfect... :)

I hope this will help you a little bit !! :)
Peter

Userpic

anonymous
Traveller
2467 comments

replied 15 years ago

I have a problem with the same thing.
Is trying to book a train venice - nice the 01th july 08 at 22.51.

Im trying to do it but when i try to click the select button i get this error:

Error Code : E525
Description : No journey suggestions for this type of request
Please select another itinerary to continue.

Is the suplement 40 euro? Why that much when i have an interrail ticket? Then i could just stay at a hotel and sleep there.

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

replied 15 years ago

you are right... there seems to be a problem. :(

Userpic

anonymous
Traveller
2467 comments

replied 15 years ago

There seems to be a problem with the Riviera train Venice-Nice after 15. june. I have heard rumors thats its not going to go any more. But trenitalia have a note on there website that there will be a new timetable 15th june.

Userpic

anonymous
Traveller
2467 comments

replied 15 years ago

hi guys, I was just talking to the local SNCF in Marseille, the woman there said that the Riviera was cancelled from June 16th. She explained that Italian Rail had just cancelled all their Night train services and that it was causing nightmares!! So now we have no way og getting to Venice by train, without it costing an entire day travelling!!

Oh well I think I will fly to Venice using Myair and then train it from there!!

Thanks !
Conor

Userpic

anonymous
Traveller
2467 comments

replied 15 years ago

aah, not good. You know if its cancelled in just an period or forever?

Userpic

anonymous
Traveller
2467 comments

replied 15 years ago

Hi I dont know if it is forever, but certainly the SNCF woman did not know of any alternative night trains coming online any time soon....