Userpic

AnAngrySquirrel
Traveller
1 comments

Posted 15 years ago

Having spontaneously decided to go travelling around Europe when I'm 18, I have a question about the InterRail Global ticket. It says you can go anywhere around Europe for free for a month. So does that mean I could get on any train and go to any of the countries on the list? Even if its not a major city; if it's to a small village in the country somewhere? And when does the month start? As soon as I order it or do I allocate a time for when I'd like it to start?

Follow this topic
Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

replied 15 years ago

hej hej ...
you can travel everywhere you want... also in small villages with a railway station. :)
but on some trains (high-speed-trains and most of the night trains) you have to pay a supplement/reservation (this supplement is payable by everyone: InterRailers and normal train travellers).
for the night trains scroll down here in the main forum to the country topics... there you find all the night trains you need with the exact supplements !! :)
when ordering your InterRail ticket at [ux]https://rail.shop/interrail[/ux] , you can select a date on which your ticket will start... the best is to order it 2 weeks in advance... so you get it in time even when the post man has a bad day !! ;)
all the best and a lot of fun, Peter :)

Userpic

AnAngrySquirrel
Traveller
1 comments

replied 15 years ago

Ok, thanks for the help. :)

Userpic

Hetman
Traveller
364 comments

replied 15 years ago

Can I buy IR ticket only on the www or railway stations too?

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

replied 15 years ago

you can buy it on the big railway stations (not in the UK)... but be prepared not to get a correct one or that the personal simply don't know the details about an InterRail ticket and can't print it out for you. so the fastest and safest way to get a correct one is via [ux]https://rail.shop/interrail[/ux] ... :)

Userpic

popoispretty
Traveller
1 comments

replied 15 years ago

I plan to travel with Globle pass. How do staffs check my ticket? Do I need to bring Passport to identify my ticket? I'm an international student. thank you :o

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

replied 15 years ago

hej ...
in most cases you just jump into the train, sit down and wait until the staff comes to check your ticket. then you show your ticket. normally they do not want to see your passport. if they want to see your passport, show them and say you have your visa printed in it and stayed 6 moths or more in one European country which is printed as country of residence on your ticket.
and have always the passport with you which number is printed on your ticket.
for example do not order your InterRail ticket and fill in the number of your IDcard in the order form and then travel with your passport with an other number... ;)
have fun on your tour and all the best, Peter :)