Question regarding Interrail ticket start date

Root @ 03-08-2007 15:22

Hey there. As seems to be common in this forum, I ask this question as one who hasn't used an Interrail pass before.

I notice on the pass booking website, there is a little note saying This pass requires a start date which is the first day of travel. Now, does this mean I have to use the pass on its' first day of validity? Will it cease to be valid if I don't comply with this?

The reason I ask is because I am unsure whether I want to use the first day of my 10-in-22 on the 16th of September, or stay another night in Budapest and start the pass on the 17th. I plan to decide when I get there. So it would be useful for the pass to start on the 16th, and then if I don't use it until the 17th I haven't lost anything.

Thanks for your help,

Root.

Nico @ 05-08-2007 11:26

Now, does this mean I have to use the pass on its' first day of validity?

No, there is no need to do so. The only rule regarding your issue is that your are entitled to use your passe during its period of validity. If for example you want to wait the last days, then no problem...

Nico.

admin @ 05-08-2007 13:11

Hi

You don't have to start to use your pass as soon as it becomes valid. The validity of your pass will start and end as shown by the dates on it and you must use your ten days within that period.

More information: https://rail.cc/en/interrail

Have a great trip.

Please login to write a message.

about railcc: We are real travellers and offer honest and well-grounded tips and tricks for your train journey.

rail.cc is partner and friend of
Deutsche Bahn Logo
Interrail Logo
Eurail Logo
Omio Logo
Trainline Logo
ACPRail Logo
NS Logo
SNCB Logo
Booking.com Logo
China Highlights Logo
12GoAsia Logo
Flixtrain Logo
Inlandsbanan Logo
Nightjet Logo
SJ Logo
RealRussia Logo
Kiwi.com Logo
Airbnb Logo
DJI Logo
Rentalcars Logo

COOKIES: by use of the railcc website, you agree to the use of cookies in accordance with our privacy policy. For further information about the use and management of our cookies, we ask you to accept our cookies policy.