Dear photographers ;)

dxbedpt @ 31-08-2008 17:18

Hi there!

I'm taking my 400d with an all-around lens (Tamron 17-50 little bit heavy) to my interrail.

I'm asking for two advices:

- Since i'm not taking my laptop, how can I burn my photos into CD-r?
- The camera kit is a little bit heavy. Should I take a more light lens?

I'm going to Austria, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia, Serbia, Hungary, Poland, Germany and maybe UK.

Any good advices from photographers? 😉

Thanks!

max-1 @ 02-11-2008 15:36

Hello,

i did an interraill trip to France,England,Scotland and I used a phototank. That's a HDD with a built-in cardreader and a battery.
That's easier to handle as a laptop. I wouldn't use a CD burner. The images or the files are too bi for a CD. That doesn't make sence.
On the other hand you could buy some CF or SD-cards. These aren't soo expensive, these days and flash cards are saver/better than a thin CD.

So my summary is: flash cards or a storage drive(phototank)

max-1 @ 02-11-2008 15:40

Mmh i cannot edit my answer.
Your other question was

The camera kit is a little bit heavy. Should I take a more light lens?

That depends on you. I carried a D2X and 3 lenses with me...in one backpack 😲

Pete @ 02-11-2008 17:23

just a comment of me... I bought a called netbook (this is the name they call it in Germany)... a laptop without a disk drive and so on, but with wireless network and only a 10 display, 6h of battery for less than 400 EUR. it has a reader for the memory cards of photo cameras... so this is my future like I will do it on my next travels... 🙂

and I travel with a Canon EOS500 with 50-200mm objective.
peter 🙂

Please login to write a message.

about railcc: We are real travellers and offer honest and well-grounded tips and tricks for your train journey.

rail.cc is partner and friend of
Deutsche Bahn Logo
Interrail Logo
Eurail Logo
Omio Logo
Trainline Logo
ACPRail Logo
NS Logo
SNCB Logo
Booking.com Logo
China Highlights Logo
12GoAsia Logo
Flixtrain Logo
Inlandsbanan Logo
Nightjet Logo
SJ Logo
RealRussia Logo
Kiwi.com Logo
Airbnb Logo
DJI Logo
Rentalcars Logo

COOKIES: by use of the railcc website, you agree to the use of cookies in accordance with our privacy policy. For further information about the use and management of our cookies, we ask you to accept our cookies policy.