One country pass questions

Zeme @ 21-07-2008 16:50

Hello, if I have a one country pass only for Germany, and I want to go Denmark, I will only pay the difference when I pass the frontier? Or I will pay the entire ticket?

Pete @ 21-07-2008 16:56

hej ...
you have to pay then the distance from the German-Danish border to your final destination in Denmark. all you travels in Germany are free !! 🙂
Peter 🙂

Zeme @ 21-07-2008 17:08

Thanks so much

Lenouli @ 26-01-2011 23:11

Hello!! 🙂

I am planning a trip to Italy this summer, I've heard so much about the interrailing but no details so far! :P
I want to go to Italy for about 10 days..and I was wondering which pass is better..the 3 days within a month or the 4 days..I know that the answer depends on how many trips I wanna do..but, when we say f.e. 4 days within a month I can only use the train for 4 times i.e 1 time per day?? 😐

Flo @ 26-01-2011 23:26

Hi!

One travel day is from 0000 - 2359 on the chosen day. You can use as much trains as you want on that day - you can change trains as often as you like.
Just remember that most long distance trains in Italy require a compulsory reservation.

Flo 😎

Lenouli @ 03-02-2011 22:48

Really?I think I'm falling in love with interrailing day by day!!!That's super cool...but still I guess I'll need maybe the 4 days!!
What do you mean by compulsory reservation?? :/
and by long distances...f.e. Pisa-Rome? and Rome-Milano??

Flo @ 04-02-2011 10:51

Compulsory reservation:

For some trains you will need to make an extra seat reservation in addition to your ticket. In Italy this applies to AV and ES trains (10€ reservation) and for IC, E and ICN trains (3€ reservation, not compulsory but recommended).

For Roma - Milano the best option is to take a fast AV train and get a 10€ reservation. These are really fast connections, just 2h59 nonstop compared with almost 7h on a slower IC train!
For Pisa - Roma, have a look for an IC train, or go by a regional train which isnt much slower than an IC.

Flo 😎

Please login to write a message.

about railcc: We are real travellers and offer honest and well-grounded tips and tricks for your train journey.

rail.cc is partner and friend of
Deutsche Bahn Logo
Interrail Logo
Eurail Logo
Omio Logo
Trainline Logo
ACPRail Logo
NS Logo
SNCB Logo
Booking.com Logo
China Highlights Logo
12GoAsia Logo
Flixtrain Logo
Inlandsbanan Logo
Nightjet Logo
SJ Logo
RealRussia Logo
Kiwi.com Logo
Airbnb Logo
DJI Logo
Rentalcars Logo

COOKIES: by use of the railcc website, you agree to the use of cookies in accordance with our privacy policy. For further information about the use and management of our cookies, we ask you to accept our cookies policy.