Night train: the night before Interrail pass starts

alex16z @ 13-07-2007 19:31

my pass starts on the 1st september - i am planning on getting the eurostar to brussels on 31st august and getting the Nachtzug from brussels to berlin that night - the train leaves after 7pm so i am right in thinking this will be okay?

Pete @ 16-07-2007 08:14

Hi.

No... this is not possible on the first day of travel - or lets say: the day before your ticket starts.

The rule using a night train leaving after 19h and then filling in your ticket the date of the next travel day -counting as only ONE travel day then is not possible on the first night.

Sorry... that's the official rule. 😲
https://rail.cc/en/interrail-night-train

Peter 🙂

alex16z @ 16-07-2007 21:06

ah well, my first plan was just to stay in brussels for the night so that is the one i will stick with 🙂 thanks peter!

alex16z @ 05-08-2007 14:48

do you think it would be worth trying this at the station? because the terms of the ticket do not say that this is not allowed so i could try and talk my way into it. plus the train i want to get leaves at 23:57!! only 3 mins early!

admin @ 05-08-2007 14:57

Hi

Might be a success at the station but when the controller on the train inspects your reservation and pass sh/e is likely to see the reality. And travelling without a valid pass means having to pay the full walk-up price, of perhaps 100 Euros, and possibly a penalty.

Not worth the risk and cost I think.

alex16z @ 06-08-2007 10:18

ah well, i guess a night in brussels it is.

Please login to write a message.

about railcc: We are real travellers and offer honest and well-grounded tips and tricks for your train journey.

rail.cc is partner and friend of
Deutsche Bahn Logo
Interrail Logo
Eurail Logo
Omio Logo
Trainline Logo
ACPRail Logo
NS Logo
SNCB Logo
Booking.com Logo
China Highlights Logo
12GoAsia Logo
Flixtrain Logo
Inlandsbanan Logo
Nightjet Logo
SJ Logo
RealRussia Logo
Kiwi.com Logo
Airbnb Logo
DJI Logo
Rentalcars Logo

COOKIES: by use of the railcc website, you agree to the use of cookies in accordance with our privacy policy. For further information about the use and management of our cookies, we ask you to accept our cookies policy.