Userpic

user#133557
Traveller
0 comments

Posted 3 years ago

Hi there! This september (around the 26 th) I'll hope to travel to Lisboa by train and I am trying to book a ticket for the Sud Express. Non of the suggested webpages are confirming this possibility. As if there is no Sud Express going, I get a lot of errors in my screen. (Maybe it's me ;-)) So can you help me out? Is the Sud Express still available and running or do I need to buy separate tickets: Irun - Madrid - Lisboa? Many thanks!

Follow this topic
Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

replied 3 years ago

Hi.
For now the Sud Express does not run. There where voices who say it will run again in September. But no date is given from Spanish railways RENFE.
To the night train Madrid-Lisbon: it will even take longer until it returns. No date is given. I already heard that that it will never return.
But both trains was always well booked. In Europe night trains are coming back. New connections everywhere. Therefore I hope the best that both trains return soon.
In general, booking of these two trains is often possible at short notice. Just try... and see... and let me know. :)
Good luck, Peter :)