Montenegro - Macedonia

BiBaBenno @ 06-02-2008 16:51

Does anybody know what is the best way to go from Montenegro (Podgorica) to Macedonia (Skopje)??
Apparently there are no direct train connections?
Thanks a lot 🙂

Robert_Antonio @ 01-07-2008 22:09

There's one direct overnight train departing Podgorica at 19:52 and arriving Skopje at 13:17. Runs only from 28.6. to 31.8.

SiDUDe @ 08-07-2008 12:37

All I can see is via belgrade - if your feeling adventurous you could get a bus to Tirane or Pristina (Albania or Kosov🧐 and then onto Skopje. I havent decided which one to do yet, ill be in Kotor in a couple of weeks 😎

Robert_Antonio @ 08-07-2008 19:10

The overnight train I mentioned goes via Kraljevo and Niš, not over Belgrade.

SiDUDe @ 16-07-2008 12:11

my bad, so it does. looks like I might be doing this in a few days time, as according to the FCO the serbians are starting to refuse people entry with kosovo passport stamps...

admin @ 30-10-2009 07:58

Hi all,

traveling to the Balkans is an adventure, especially in the non - EU contries.

Macedonia does not have an railway connection to Albania and Bulgaria, so maybe a solution will be bus to Pristina/Tirana as mentioned.
Have in mind that if you travel from Albania, the first railway station that you can get to is in Kicevo (between Ohrid and Gostivar) and in Bitola.

Maybe you should consider traveling Podgorica - Pristina and then to Skopje, which is 1h from Pristina by rail I think - but this is without the border control.

Please login to write a message.

about railcc: We are real travellers and offer honest and well-grounded tips and tricks for your train journey.

rail.cc is partner and friend of
Deutsche Bahn Logo
Interrail Logo
Eurail Logo
Omio Logo
Trainline Logo
ACPRail Logo
NS Logo
SNCB Logo
Booking.com Logo
China Highlights Logo
12GoAsia Logo
Flixtrain Logo
Inlandsbanan Logo
Nightjet Logo
SJ Logo
RealRussia Logo
Kiwi.com Logo
Airbnb Logo
DJI Logo
Rentalcars Logo

COOKIES: by use of the railcc website, you agree to the use of cookies in accordance with our privacy policy. For further information about the use and management of our cookies, we ask you to accept our cookies policy.