Ljubljana - where to go ?

Anacris @ 03-07-2008 16:11

Well, next month I'll make a interrail, and Slovenia is my principal destiny. Could you tell more about the capital? Ljubljana? the best places to stay, see, eat,..etc ? Thanks 🙂

SiDUDe @ 08-07-2008 12:39

Stay in Simbol Hostel, it was really good (try to book the one in town, not the one out of town) Hike up to the castle, and get a drink by the river. Its a small city, so walk or get a bike. If you have time, go to Bled or Bohinj, the lakes. They are amazing

Natalie @ 03-03-2010 20:52

How easy is to it to get to Bled on a day trip from Ljubljana? How much does it cost? Or is it best to stay over, or camp there?

Maybe better to go to Bled and miss out Ljbubljana?

Flo @ 03-03-2010 21:05

Dont miss Ljubljana... Bled is 45-60 minutes away from Ljubljana, there's roughly one train per hour (those trains serve Lesce-Bled station)Cant tell you anything about the regular fares, but the trains would be free with your IR pass. But I guess regular tickets wont be that expensive (if you want to make a daytrip to Bled and save a travel day of your IR pass).

Maybe also interesting: https://rail.cc/en/ljubljana-villach-venice-bus-train/f3647

Natalie @ 03-03-2010 22:25

Thanks Flow . What do you know about the Soca river ? Is this a nice place to visit? and also should this be done as a day trip, or an overnight stay ?

Thanks !!

Nat x

Flo @ 03-03-2010 22:38

It is certainly a nice place to visit (although I havent been there yet) but only the lower part is accesible by train (from Most na Soci to Nova Gorica). There are about nine trains per day running from Jesenice via Bled Jezero and Most na Joci to Nova Gorica. If you want to go there I'd recommend to stay somewhere over the night and maybe work your way up the river from Most na Soci by bus (or maybe Taxi)...cant give you any details though, sorry.

Please login to write a message.

about railcc: We are real travellers and offer honest and well-grounded tips and tricks for your train journey.

rail.cc is partner and friend of
Deutsche Bahn Logo
Interrail Logo
Eurail Logo
Omio Logo
Trainline Logo
ACPRail Logo
NS Logo
SNCB Logo
Booking.com Logo
China Highlights Logo
12GoAsia Logo
Flixtrain Logo
Inlandsbanan Logo
Nightjet Logo
SJ Logo
RealRussia Logo
Kiwi.com Logo
Airbnb Logo
DJI Logo
Rentalcars Logo

COOKIES: by use of the railcc website, you agree to the use of cookies in accordance with our privacy policy. For further information about the use and management of our cookies, we ask you to accept our cookies policy.