Userpic

Anacris
Traveller
1 comments

Posted 15 years ago

Well, next month I'll make a interrail, and Slovenia is my principal destiny. Could you tell more about the capital? Ljubljana? the best places to stay, see, eat,..etc ? Thanks :)

Follow this topic
Userpic

SiDUDe
Traveller
752 comments

replied 15 years ago

Stay in Simbol Hostel, it was really good (try to book the one in town, not the one out of town) Hike up to the castle, and get a drink by the river. Its a small city, so walk or get a bike. If you have time, go to Bled or Bohinj, the lakes. They are amazing

Userpic

Natalie
Traveller
26 comments

replied 14 years ago

How easy is to it to get to Bled on a day trip from Ljubljana? How much does it cost? Or is it best to stay over, or camp there?

Maybe better to go to Bled and miss out Ljbubljana?

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 14 years ago

Dont miss Ljubljana... Bled is 45-60 minutes away from Ljubljana, there's roughly one train per hour (those trains serve[b] Lesce-Bled[/b] station)Cant tell you anything about the regular fares, but the trains would be free with your IR pass. But I guess regular tickets wont be that expensive (if you want to make a daytrip to Bled and save a travel day of your IR pass).

Maybe also interesting: [u]https://rail.cc/en/ljubljana-villach-venice-bus-train/f3647[/u]

Userpic

Natalie
Traveller
26 comments

replied 14 years ago

Thanks Flow . What do you know about the Soca river ? Is this a nice place to visit? and also should this be done as a day trip, or an overnight stay ?

Thanks !!

Nat x

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 14 years ago

It is certainly a nice place to visit (although I havent been there yet) but only the lower part is accesible by train (from Most na Soci to Nova Gorica). There are about nine trains per day running from Jesenice via Bled Jezero and Most na Joci to Nova Gorica. If you want to go there I'd recommend to stay somewhere over the night and maybe work your way up the river from Most na Soci by bus (or maybe Taxi)...cant give you any details though, sorry.