Userpic

zemigsan
Traveller
4 comments

Posted 15 years ago

Hi!

I'm looking for the supplement for the train EN 240, that I will be using from Ljubljana to Venezia..

I already have looked to raillshop, but it says it has no reservation.. But it is a night train so it has doesn't it?

Anyone have used this train?

Follow this topic
Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

replied 15 years ago

[b]UPDATE:[/b] [u]https://rail.cc/en/train/ljubljana-to-venice[/u]

hi ...

[b]EN240[/b] and [b]EN241[/b] from [b]Venice to Budapest[/b] via Ljubljana, Zagreb, Siofok

here are the supplements for persons travelling with an InterRail pass. all prices are per person and available for 2nd class (special 1st class offers are marked)

- single sleeper: EUR 95 (only 1st class)
- double sleeper: 45 EUR
- bed in triple (T3) sleeper: 30 EUR
- couchette in 4-bed compartment: 26 EUR
- couchette in 6-bed compartment: 19 EUR
- seat (2nd class only): 5 EUR (I recommend it but you don't need to buy it! you can travel on a seat without reservation.)

Peter
:)

Userpic

mudvayne
Traveller
4 comments

replied 14 years ago

Hello,
I'm starting to make reservations in my country for all the trains that I will go on the interrail but for this one has been difficult, the guy from the station says it only can make a reservation paying the global price (55€) without the discount, so I want to know if it's true when you say that for seat we don't need the reservation since I'm going from Venice to Ljubljana and some days later from there to budapest always on EN241.

I'd apreciate some help because I'm affraid of not making the reservation and then the train is full or something

Regards,
Paulo

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 14 years ago

It you are making reservations from other countries it can happen that the system doesn't work properly and won't give you the reservation you wanted. Last year I had to make reservations for trains in France, Spain and Portugal and it took me three visits at the counter at my station (Graz, Austria) until I finally got the reservations I wanted.
So it could be possible that the system had problems, I would definitely go and try again at the counter.
However, if you actually end up with no reservation and the train being full you could alternatively go to Ljubljana via Villach (it's slower but you won't lose a whole day waiting for the next days 241).

Userpic

mudvayne
Traveller
4 comments

replied 14 years ago

Thank you for the reply, I already went to the station severall times and some trains are being difficult to get reservation, this is one of them.

The problem of going to Ljubljana via villach is that I already booked an hostel ate ljubljana and I'm supposed to be there at 2.00AM

I'm seeing the train to Ljubljana via villa opicina and the hours/duration are almost the same as the EN241, but I think it's more expensive, can you tell me how much it is?
And I still have the same question, the seat from EN241 doesn't need reservation right?

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 14 years ago

Which train via Villa Opicina?!

Userpic

mudvayne
Traveller
4 comments

replied 14 years ago

Sorry for the delay but I had to leave.
I'm watching it again and I saw it wrong, the train to Villa Opicina is actually the same to Ljubljana, the EN241.

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 14 years ago

OK I see.

However, I just asked at the counter of my train station and was told that there is a 5€ compulsory supplement for the seated accomodation on the 240/241.

Userpic

mudvayne
Traveller
4 comments

replied 14 years ago

Thank you again.
The problem is that at the counter of my train station they can only reserve at global price (the 55€ I mentioned before).
They say that some trains have only a few seats available for interrail passes and sometimes those seats are already full, could you know if there is still available two seats for the 21st of june for Interrail passes, Venezia to Ljubljana?
Maybe here in Portugal they just can't access the system properly but I want to make sure if that's a problem of my station or if it's already full.

If it's to much trouble, don't bother, thanks anyway for all your help

Userpic

Flo
Traveller
10723 comments

replied 14 years ago

Sure, I will go again and ask for that specific day. If you'd like to I could buy them too and send them to you too. There shouldn't be any problems whatsoever.

Userpic

freekaboutravelling
Traveller
12 comments

replied 14 years ago

Hey!
Does anyone know where in the internet can I make a reservation for this night train?
I'm going from budapest to venezia on 5thAug.

Thanks

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

replied 14 years ago

hi...
just try the website of the italian rail company. fill in the journey, select the ticket, press continue and as option chose GLOBAL PASS. that's it.
ferroviedellostato.it/homepage_en.html
at the bottom you can select the categories of bed...
Peter :)

Userpic

freekaboutravelling
Traveller
12 comments

replied 14 years ago

You guys are great. Thanks! :P
If you need any help about portugal, just ask!

Userpic

freekaboutravelling
Traveller
12 comments

replied 14 years ago

[quote]hi ...

[b]EN240[/b] and [b]EN241[/b] from [b]Venice to Budapest[/b] via Ljubljana, Zagreb, Siofok

here are the supplements for persons travelling with an InterRail pass. all prices are per person and available for 2nd class (special 1st class offers are marked)

- single sleeper: EUR 95 (only 1st class)
- double sleeper: 45 EUR
- bed in triple (T3) sleeper: 30 EUR
- couchette in 4-bed compartment: 26 EUR
- couchette in 6-bed compartment: 19 EUR
- seat (2nd class only): 5 EUR (I recommend it but you don't need to buy it! you can travel on a seat without reservation.)

Peter
:) [/quote]

On the website de Trenitalia says that:
- single sleeper: 105 EUR
- double sleeper: 55 EUR
- bed in triple (T3) sleeper: 40 EUR
- couchette in 4-bed compartment: 30 EUR
- couchette in 6-bed compartment: 25 EUR
- seat (2nd class only): 5 EUR

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

replied 14 years ago

Thanks. I already updated it at the direct topics about this train... this topic is only a not the main thing topic... :)
But thank you. :)
[u]https://rail.cc/en/train/venice-to-budapest[/u]

Userpic

freekaboutravelling
Traveller
12 comments

replied 14 years ago

How are we suposse to get the reservation tickets outside Italy(after making a reservation online)? cause there's no self machine tickets!!
Please help?

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

replied 14 years ago

it is not possible.
if you want the ticket printed by a ticket machine, you have to pick it up somewhere in Italy.

Userpic

freekaboutravelling
Traveller
12 comments

replied 14 years ago

soo..I can make the reservation online, right? ...and after that, there must be something like a code or a receipt of payment, that comproves that I've made a reservation, right?

I'm sorry to make so many questions..but I really need to catch this train. :os
Thank your very much for your attention, Peter! You've been really helpful

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

replied 14 years ago

I only know it from other countries, never tried this in Italy till now. prefer the one-to-one contact at a ticket window.
but from other countries I can explain you: you will get a code, then you put in the machine your credit card and then the ticket is coming out (often you even don't need a code, and the credit card is enough).

Userpic

anonymous
Traveller
2467 comments

replied 14 years ago

Hi
were trying to get this train also and can find little information about it on the internet. how do you book this train and is it necessary?? XXX

Userpic

respiko
Traveller
22 comments

replied 14 years ago

hi everyone.
peter, you said that you can travel a seat without reservation. are you sure?

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

replied 14 years ago

hi...
that's the information I have right now ... but if there is a supplement this summer for a seat, the maximum is 5 EUR... but normally free.

Userpic

anonymous
Traveller
2467 comments

replied 14 years ago

To buy those supplements at the trenitalia.it website they ask for a global pass number, but the interrail ticket has a lot of numbers in it. :p Which number should we use?

Thanks!

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

replied 14 years ago

I couldn't get an information from trenitalia concerning this number...
fill in your passport number when they ask for.