Userpic

e.sephton-brown
Traveller
0 comments

Posted 15 years ago

Hey there.
I'm going interrailing in a couple of weeks.
I have decided every route and booked most of my hostels. However, just the one part still outstands.

I have originally decided that i would travel from krakow to vienna to budapest and then to venice.
krakow and venice are set places, but would it be easier to go from krakow to budapest or to vienna? and then get from either budapest or vienna to venice.

Please could you tell me the best route - and i know i will need to reserve night trains for both these routes.

Follow this topic
Userpic

dmirstek
Traveller
21 comments

replied 15 years ago

You have to decide on your own, but the faster way is via Vienna.
There are 2 direct trains from Cracow to Vienna: EC 6:53-14:02 (WIen Suedbahnhof) and night train (rather night coach in the train Cracow-Praha/Budapest, to Vienna there is only one sleeping car, from 29th april to 26th september there is also couchette) - 22:15-6:30 (Westbahnhof), but it arrives always ~1 hour later, sometimes more...
From Wien there are two trains to Venice - also one night train and one train during the day - 20:40-8:34 and 6:23-14:20.

From Cracow to Vienna there is only one direct train - 22:15-8:32 (Keleti), from Budapest to Venezia there is a train 17:00(Keleti)-7:16.

All depends on which city you prefer to sightsee - if you just want to go from Cracov to Venezia without sightseeing - go via Vienna!

:arr: [b]Train schedules for Europe[/b] including all this information: [u]https://rail.cc/en[/u]