Is this a good plan?

Tehanu @ 01-08-2008 14:03

Me and my boyfriend are from Portugal and our first stop in the Interrail is going to be Paris.

We refuse to pay for the Elipsos Hotel train, it's too expensive for us, and as for the Sud-Express (Lisbon-Hendaye) it only leaves at about 4pm and we feel like we're losing a whole day of travel with it (we want to go to a lot of cities).

So we decided that we'd go to Badajoz, in the frontier, and cross Spain in the following trains:

Dep. Badajoz (Talg🧐: 7:35
Arr. Madrid - Puerta de Atocha: 12:51

Dep. Madrid - Puerta de Atocha (AVE 03133): 13:30
Arr. Barcelona Sants: 16:54

Dep. Barcelona Sants (regional train R15839): 17:25
Arr. Cerbere: 20:07

Dep. Cerbere (night train 3730): 21:21
Arr. Paris Austerlitz: 07:27

Well, I don't know if we're going to too much trouble just to be a few more hours in Paris.

The problem with this plan is that I've heard horrors about Renfe's punctuality, and I'm worried that one of the trains might be late and then we'll miss the other ones, particularly with the regional train.

I don't know if this is such a good idea, but do you think we should buy the tickets in advance, and risk losing the money if we don't get there on time, or buy them on each station, with the possibility of the train already being full (particularly the night train, as we're arriving close to its departure).

Pete @ 03-08-2008 19:29

hej ...
you can try it and it will work ... but it will be stress to sit in the train and get in panic when it is in delay.
so I recommend the SUDexpress ... much more relaxant !! 🙂
https://rail.cc/en/interrail-night-train/lisbon-hendaye-th-310/74
*this is only my personal opinion* 🙂

Please login to write a message.

about railcc: We are real travellers and offer honest and well-grounded tips and tricks for your train journey.

rail.cc is partner and friend of
Deutsche Bahn Logo
Interrail Logo
Eurail Logo
Omio Logo
Trainline Logo
ACPRail Logo
NS Logo
SNCB Logo
Booking.com Logo
China Highlights Logo
12GoAsia Logo
Flixtrain Logo
Inlandsbanan Logo
Nightjet Logo
SJ Logo
RealRussia Logo
Kiwi.com Logo
Airbnb Logo
DJI Logo
Rentalcars Logo

COOKIES: by use of the railcc website, you agree to the use of cookies in accordance with our privacy policy. For further information about the use and management of our cookies, we ask you to accept our cookies policy.