IRLAND: train supplements

pp @ 17-07-2006 00:18

Hi.

I would like to go to Ireland and travel through this country with interrail ticket.
Can I ask you, are there any supplements in Ireland, when I want go by (for example) Intercity train?

Thank you very much.
😉

Pete @ 22-01-2007 12:04

hey hey... 🙂
as much as I know: there are no supplements 🙂
Peter

admin @ 22-01-2007 13:33

i liev with 4 irish people, and they say that the train system in Ireland is poor to non-existant. just a warning!

Mickeh @ 08-03-2008 22:47

There are no train suplements that i know of.

Ireland is a small country with really only 3 major cities. Dubin, Belfast and Cork.

Dublin is central and all the train networks go to dublin. If you wanna hit the medium sized towns and the 3 cities the rail network should be ok.

A lot of people come to ireland to see the west, the best bet would be to get a train from Dublin to Sligo.

Dubin to sligo - About 2 hours by train.
Dublin to Belfast - Around the same.
Dublin to Cork - Just under 3 hours but there's some nice scenery along the way. 🙂

I know this is a year old but its good to have the info up. 😉

Please login to write a message.

rail.cc: who we are

We are real travellers and offer honest and well-grounded tips and tricks for your train journey. Support our work and the free information on rail.cc by using our partner links when booking your tickets and accommodation. There will be no extra costs for you and we can keep providing all the information on rail.cc. Thank you!

read the full story of railcc

rail.cc is partner and friend of

COOKIES: by use of the railcc website, you agree to the use of cookies in accordance with our privacy policy. For further information about the use and management of our cookies, we ask you to accept our cookies policy.