InterRailing with children

Jill @ 21-02-2008 11:51

Has anyone out there attempted to interrail with children? I loved interrailing when I was a student (20 years ago!!) and would love to introduce my kids to it (aged 11, 9 and 7). Any advice?

vaktisto @ 25-06-2008 19:47

This summer I'm going toy travel with my son through Europe. I think this will be a grate expierience for both of us

Pete @ 26-06-2008 12:14

I travelled as well as I was child together with my dad trough Europe all the time. That's one of the reasons I do this website and love green travel (ecological). For me it was an experience of life. 🙂

Welsh3 @ 04-08-2008 02:50

I'm taking two 13 year olds (boys), who I reckon are just about old enough to appreciate it. They think they are streetwise. As we live in rural Wales, that's quite a relative opinion. Galleries and museums are not going to appeal to them much, but I'll drag them to a few - they might even like the Pompidou! Anyone who's tried this experiment, I'd value your feedback.

sandrajane @ 09-02-2010 20:33

Hi I am thinking of doing this in the Summer. My kids are 14, 12 and 8. I too interailed in my 20s and LOVED it. How old are your kids?

Please login to write a message.

about railcc: We are real travellers and offer honest and well-grounded tips and tricks for your train journey.

rail.cc is partner and friend of
Deutsche Bahn Logo
Interrail Logo
Eurail Logo
Omio Logo
Trainline Logo
ACPRail Logo
NS Logo
SNCB Logo
Booking.com Logo
China Highlights Logo
12GoAsia Logo
Flixtrain Logo
Inlandsbanan Logo
Nightjet Logo
SJ Logo
RealRussia Logo
Kiwi.com Logo
Airbnb Logo
DJI Logo
Rentalcars Logo

COOKIES: by use of the railcc website, you agree to the use of cookies in accordance with our privacy policy. For further information about the use and management of our cookies, we ask you to accept our cookies policy.