Userpic

Espen
Traveller
1 comments

Posted 16 years ago

Hi!

My girlfriend and I are planning an interrailtrip from 28. April - 16. May. We have got planetickets to Barcelona, and back home from Krakow on May 16th.

The plan so far is:

Barcelona - 2 days to spend here....
Nice/Cannes/Monaco 1,5 days
Pisa - 1 day
Rome - 2,5 days
Padova/Monselice - 1,5 days (maybe including a short trip to Venice)
Budapest - 1 day
Bratislava - 6 hours
Vienna - 1 day
Prague 2,5 days
Krakow 2 days

The trains are mostly day-trains, except the train from Padova to Budapest and from Prague to Krakow, which are night-trais.

My girlfriend really wants to go to Venice, but I've heard it's crowdy and really not how you imagine, I've also heard of prices up to 80€ for a small gondola-sightseeing. Therefore I wonder if it really is worth spending time and money there?

Monselice is added as a stop, as people say the small town is really a great place, romantic and not to many tourists...

Do you have any tips about the plan, like how many days we spend in each city? We would also appreciate tips on what to do on each place, and we are ready to change our plans if someone gives us a tip about a place we have to visit...

We're also open for shorting down on the number of cities, but which?

I know my english isn't the best, but i hope you understand what I've written;)

Follow this topic
Userpic

NillerDK
Traveller
49 comments

replied 16 years ago

Well, first of all.. Venice is not the pretty romantic town of love as it's posed at.. Not in the high season that is! When you are going, there are a lot less tourists there, so you have a good opertunity to see it with romantic eyes from a gondola ;)

Otherwise, your plan looks good to me.. 2-3 days in the big cities is fine i think. Thoug you should consider taking night trains instead, then you will have a lot more time on your hands during the day, to see all the things you want..

Userpic

admin
Traveller
203 comments

replied 16 years ago

Yes, good plan and I agree that you should take night trains where possible. Plus, you could stay longer in some places instead of only 1 day by taking some days from others: 5 days for Prague is too many I reckon. Firenze, 2.5 hours from Roma, is fantastic and really romantic. you could easily have 2 nights there. Have a great trip.

iaink

[quote]Hi!

My girlfriend and I are planning an interrailtrip from 28. April - 16. May. We have got planetickets to Barcelona, and back home from Krakow on May 16th.

The plan so far is:

Barcelona - 2 days to spend here....
Nice/Cannes/Monaco 1,5 days
Pisa - 1 day
Rome - 2,5 days
Padova/Monselice - 1,5 days (maybe including a short trip to Venice)
Budapest - 1 day
Bratislava - 6 hours
Vienna - 1 day
Prague 2,5 days
Krakow 2 days

The trains are mostly day-trains, except the train from Padova to Budapest and from Prague to Krakow, which are night-trais.

My girlfriend really wants to go to Venice, but I've heard it's crowdy and really not how you imagine, I've also heard of prices up to 80€ for a small gondola-sightseeing. Therefore I wonder if it really is worth spending time and money there?

Monselice is added as a stop, as people say the small town is really a great place, romantic and not to many tourists...

Do you have any tips about the plan, like how many days we spend in each city? We would also appreciate tips on what to do on each place, and we are ready to change our plans if someone gives us a tip about a place we have to visit...

We're also open for shorting down on the number of cities, but which?

I know my english isn't the best, but i hope you understand what I've written;)[/quote]

Userpic

Miro
Traveller
65 comments

replied 16 years ago

About Venice, i heard you could also take some kind of 'watertaxi's' instead of gondola's, those are much cheaper and the sight is the same, although you won't have such a 'romantic' boat...

Userpic

Espen
Traveller
1 comments

replied 16 years ago

Thank's a lot for your replies! We have now added Firenze as a stop, though it seems like we only get to have one night there. Venice is also a stop now, but only one night or so, but there is another problem; I'm not shure if we can make ljubljana, vienna, budapest and bratislava. We would like to use nighttrains as much as possible, but there are som difficulties here.

Which of these cities should we go to, are some of them better/more exciting than the others?

Ps: We are now going to take nighttrain from Barcelona to Nice and from Nice to Rome. Pisa and Firenze is planned between Rome and Monselice/Padova/Venice...

Userpic

Miro
Traveller
65 comments

replied 16 years ago

Vienna is a bit boring, except if you love 'classicistic' buildings and sissipalaces. The hundertwasser haus is very nice though.

Budapest is really nice and cheap, you shouldn't miss that.