Interrailing Italy and Eastern Europe

melusine92 @ 28-06-2008 16:00

Hi everybody!!

I would like to interrail from the 5th to the 16th of July maximum ( departing from my country, France). Can you tell me if my (ambitious) plans are realistic?

5.07.2008 PARIS : train at 7h42am - arrival in MILANO CENTRALE at 2.50 PM ( night in milan)

6.07.2008 MILANO CENTRALE-ROMA TERMINI train at 11H20PM, arrival at rome 7h15AM

7.07.2008 ROME (night in rome)

8.07.2008 ROMA TERMINI- VENEZIA SANTA LUCIA (visits all day long and then train at 00h47AM, arrival in Venice at 9h26AM)

9.07.2008 VENEZIA SANTA LUCIA ( night in Venice)

10.07.2008 VENISE LJUBLANA : train at 8h46AM, arrival at 5h42PM in Ljublana

11.07.2008 LJUBLANA (visits all day long and night in Ljublana)

12.07.2008 LJUBLANA - ZAGREB KLARA train at 6h15AM, arrival at 10h59 AM at Zagreb ( visits the afternoon and night in Zagreb)

13.07.2008 ZAGREB KLARA - BUDAPEST KELETI PU, train at 6h13AM, arrival at 2h58PM at Budapest ( visits the afternoon and night in Budapest)

14.07.2008 BUDAPEST KELETI PU - BRATISLAVA PETRZALKA : train at 7h10AM, arrival at 10h10AM in Bratislava ( visits and nights in Bratislava)

15.07.2008 BRATISLAVA - WIEN Westbahnhof : train at 9 AM, arrival at 9h58 AM in Wien+ visits all day

15.07.2008 WIEN Westbahnhof -GENEVA : night train :9h25 PM -9h25 AM

16.07.2008 GENEVE -PARIS

>> Here is the plan ! Do you think it's feasible?

As i'm a first-timer, I've got few questions more for you:
- How do we reserve the trains and how to pay the supplements for the night trains?
-How to get some discounts on tickets for additional countries ? For example, the first day to go to Milan from paris, I found an expensive ticket ( 95e). How can I get a discount for France (single and return) as I bought a pass?
- Finally, as there are 7 countries in my route, do you think I should by a 5-country pass or a 10 one?

Thank you very much for your help, it's greatly appreciated!!! 😉 ))
Cheers and see you on the roads!
Julia

Pete @ 01-07-2008 15:28

it is a hard tour ... personally I prefer to stay not only one day in a city as you will only see the typical tourist places and not the nice bars and corners to relax ... also a day on the beach just to sleep and get some water and sun is also something nice ... otherwise you are dead after such a tour !! 😉

and the answers to your questions:
- to find informations about how to get the reservations just: https://rail.cc/en/interrail-train-reservation
- to book night trains the best is to do it at a station
- to get a reduced ticket from your country of residence (France) to the Italian border, go to a big station and buy it there.
- you can't buy a 5 or 10 country pass... there are only ONE country passes or GLOBAL passes available. for your tour the best is to buy a global InterRail pass ... the cheapest way when crossing 7 countries!! 🙂

all the best and have fun,
Peter
🙂

Please login to write a message.

about railcc: We are real travellers and offer honest and well-grounded tips and tricks for your train journey.

rail.cc is partner and friend of
Deutsche Bahn Logo
Interrail Logo
Eurail Logo
Omio Logo
Trainline Logo
ACPRail Logo
NS Logo
SNCB Logo
Booking.com Logo
China Highlights Logo
12GoAsia Logo
Flixtrain Logo
Inlandsbanan Logo
Nightjet Logo
SJ Logo
RealRussia Logo
Kiwi.com Logo
Airbnb Logo
DJI Logo
Rentalcars Logo

COOKIES: by use of the railcc website, you agree to the use of cookies in accordance with our privacy policy. For further information about the use and management of our cookies, we ask you to accept our cookies policy.