Userpic

RoisinB
Traveller
0 comments

Posted 15 years ago

Hi

Me and my friend are doing the interail trip for 22 days this Summer (12th(ish) July onwards) but she's just decided that she doesn't have the time to stretch it to 4 weeks (which we were going to do by elongating the beginning and end). So we're parting company in Munich at which point I will have 6 days and 3 train days on my ticket left. I want to get up to Copenhagen on the 22nd day to visit a friend there, but now have time to filln in between. Can anyone suggest exciting places to visit in east germany/west poland? Also, I'm a bit nervous about being a girl and travelling on my own somewhere where I don't speak the language (a vague hope with german from GCSE but not a chance in poland), has anyone got any tips on being safe?

Follow this topic
Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

replied 15 years ago

hej ... :)
don't panic... in Germany and Poland, all young people speak the English language! only on stations (if you want to make reservations) you might get some problems, especially in Poland.
Two big cities (stay in a hostel when travelling alone and you will meet nice staff telling you the best places to go and you will meet other travellers which you can join) I can recommend to have a little bit of party are Berlin (Germany) and Krakow (Poland) ...
have fun,
Peter
:)