Interrail - Woman travelling alone ?

animaidi @ 27-08-2006 15:46

hi, i'm going to do a long journey around europe and most of the time i'll be on my own. i find that sometimes is better as i can do whatever i want and look whatever i want. but i would like to know if you happen to know some good tips for me!!

i'm 19, i'm argentinian. i like culture and literature and i never go out at night on my own. you can say i'm very responsible and mature!!

but it's always good to know what places to avoid in europe!!!

i'm doing: paris, amsterdam, berlin, warsaw, prague, vienna, budapest, venice, florence, rome, athens and some greek islands (the most quite and beatifuls)

thank you so much!!!

CodeMaster @ 27-08-2006 18:22

hmm... I can't understand why wouldn't you buy a global InterRail ticket?
It's better - anyway, you'll be able to travel for free in all these countries...

Just read the website (preparation-security)... If You're reasonable, nothing will happen to you!

I'll do InterRailing Germany-Switzerland-Italy-Austria 14th-29th of October, so if you wish, You can join me, always welcome 🙂

You'll find my schedule on my website..

loipon123 @ 28-08-2006 20:08

Dear animaidi, as Code Master said before me the web site is a good start for you. A few words for the cities I've been to.
Paris is a vast city, you can easily get lost and I also didn't find many people that speaked english. French people are generally very polite though so you'll get through.
Amsterdam on the other hand is much smaller and a kind of darker city. I love Amsterdam a lot but for a person that doesn't go out at night a lot I would suggest that you should be careful... The dutch are very tolerate and open to new ideas. Amsterdam [and Berlin as well] have get parties and places to go!
Vienna is one of my favourite! Small, clean with a lot of monuments, palaces and parks. Crime rates are very low and the city is usually very safe.
Venice, Florence: Great architecture and a lot of art! A must-see for the lovers of the good arts
Rome: The city is a big museum. Everywhere you go there is some ancient or medevial monument to see. A lot of tourists! Don't forget to see Vatican City museum is a must-see for the ones that like art.
Athens is my city so I recommend it! Besides Omonoia Square [the central square of Athens] where many junkies gather, all the other places are safe day and night. As for history, I think you know everything from school 🙂 . Greeks like to party a lot, sleep very late at night, and almost everybody up to the age of 30 speaks good english [older people are having trouble with english]. The greek islands are a heaven on earth, but are numerous so you need to pick wisely where to go to [you can ask for info if you wish.
Sorry for writing so much! have a nice trip, and for the number of cities you want to see you need a lot of time! See you..

Please login to write a message.

about railcc: We are real travellers and offer honest and well-grounded tips and tricks for your train journey.

rail.cc is partner and friend of
Deutsche Bahn Logo
Interrail Logo
Eurail Logo
Omio Logo
Trainline Logo
ACPRail Logo
NS Logo
SNCB Logo
Booking.com Logo
China Highlights Logo
12GoAsia Logo
Flixtrain Logo
Inlandsbanan Logo
Nightjet Logo
SJ Logo
RealRussia Logo
Kiwi.com Logo
Airbnb Logo
DJI Logo
Rentalcars Logo

COOKIES: by use of the railcc website, you agree to the use of cookies in accordance with our privacy policy. For further information about the use and management of our cookies, we ask you to accept our cookies policy.