Userpic

quizster
Traveller
1 comments

Posted 16 years ago

Ok, I am planning on going inter railing come June July time, now I have tried to drag some of my friends along, but due to work and money issues they can't go, so I am on my bill.

Could someone advise me what is the best way to book a hostel for one person? I have looked at [ux]https://rail.shop/hostelworld[/ux] booking system, and it alot of the hostels have dorms of six, do I just book 1 bed in the mixed dorm, and just take it that I will be sharing with other people?

I know this may seem a stupid question, but I am new to this ;)

Follow this topic
Userpic

admin
Traveller
203 comments

replied 16 years ago

Hi there,

It's not a stupid question and yep, you will be sharing with other people. A lot of the hostels have many more beds per room, even up to 20 and over. The good thing is that, generally, the more beds, the cheaper it is. Some places will have single rooms quite cheaply: I got rooms in Prague and Krakow for less than 15 pounds a night. Sharing rooms with people is actually good because you have people to talk to and maybe go to a bar with or even go travelling with. If you don't get on well with them you, or they, will be moving on soon anyway. This is what backpacking is all about. I predict that you will meet great folk and have a whale of a time. Have an excellent one.

iaink

Userpic

quizster
Traveller
1 comments

replied 16 years ago

thanks for the advice, another question, would you advise to pre book the hostels?

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

replied 16 years ago

At high season (June, July, August) it is good to book a week in advance ... especially the hostels in the big cities (at least the cheap and nice ones) are full of backpackers...

:arr: [ux]https://rail.shop/hostelworld[/ux]

But don't book too much hostels in advance because your route will then be very static and fix. and you aren't free anymore if you meet some other nice travelers you join or if you find a nice place beside your planed route !!

Have fun,
Peter
:)