Interrail: where to put the important documents ?

Annemarie @ 13-05-2008 16:43

Hey everybody.
A friend and I are planning to go interrailing in June. We want to carry our important papers in a belt under the t-shirts, but we don't know what to do if we are going to the beach or out for a drink. Isn't it a bit irritating walking around with it in a bar or at the beach, when you are walking around in a bikini? We are sleeping in a tent, so we don't really want to leave it there.
Can anybody help us?
See u during the summer :P

admin @ 13-05-2008 16:51

Hi there,

I travel alone and sometimes have the same hassle. It might be useful to use a locker in a railway station for your really important documents and other things. If you are at a beach, and you want to swim, you can keep all your stuff near the water. Perhaps there will be nice people near you and you can ask then to watch your stuff for you. Have a most excellent trip.

iaink

Annemarie @ 13-05-2008 17:03

Thank you.
Do you know if there are usually boxes at campsites where you can keep your important things?

Pete @ 14-05-2008 08:49

Hi ...

it depends on the campsite. often they do not have lockers but you can leave your important things at the desk.

another nice solution I often use if it is necessary: just dig a little hole somewhere under your tent, put important things in a plastic bag and in the hole. Then fill the hole again with sand and that's it... doesn't work everywhere, as sometimes the ground is to hard or it is visible to everyone when digging your hole. 😉

Have fun,
Peter
🙂

Please login to write a message.

about railcc: We are real travellers and offer honest and well-grounded tips and tricks for your train journey.

rail.cc is partner and friend of
Deutsche Bahn Logo
Interrail Logo
Eurail Logo
Omio Logo
Trainline Logo
ACPRail Logo
NS Logo
SNCB Logo
Booking.com Logo
China Highlights Logo
12GoAsia Logo
Flixtrain Logo
Inlandsbanan Logo
Nightjet Logo
SJ Logo
RealRussia Logo
Kiwi.com Logo
Airbnb Logo
DJI Logo
Rentalcars Logo

COOKIES: by use of the railcc website, you agree to the use of cookies in accordance with our privacy policy. For further information about the use and management of our cookies, we ask you to accept our cookies policy.