Userpic

anonymous
Traveller
2467 comments

Posted 16 years ago

Hello everybody! :D

I'm going on interrail with a friend this summer, and we first thought about going in the end of the summer, from mid July to mid August. But then we started wondering if this was the time all Europe have their vacation? When do other countries in Europe have their summer vacation? I know that here in Norway, and in the rest of Scandinavia I think, it is from mid June to mid August, but I don't know when it is in other countries?

Anyway, would it have an impact on our trip? (We are thinking about going to big cities like Berlin, Prague, Florence, Venice, Rome, Barcelona, Paris and London)

I really appreciate all answers! :D

Follow this topic
Userpic

NillerDK
Traveller
49 comments

replied 16 years ago

Mid June to mid August is probably the season with most people everywhere.. About vacation, i think it's rather different from country to country.. Here in Denmark, most people have their ordinary holiday in week 30-31..

Userpic

admin
Traveller
203 comments

replied 16 years ago

HI there,

August is when French people traditionally go on holiday- it is called the conge. The inland cities become much quieter and many businesses close, while the coastal areas become very busy indeed. I usually go in July though it is the rainiest month in northern Europe. I have also gone to France in September and the weather in the south is still very pleasant. Hope this is helpful. Have a great trip.

iaink

[quote]Hello everybody! :D

I'm going on interrail with a friend this summer, and we first thought about going in the end of the summer, from mid July to mid August. But then we started wondering if this was the time all Europe have their vacation? When do other countries in Europe have their summer vacation? I know that here in Norway, and in the rest of Scandinavia I think, it is from mid June to mid August, but I don't know when it is in other countries?

Anyway, would it have an impact on our trip? (We are thinking about going to big cities like Berlin, Prague, Florence, Venice, Rome, Barcelona, Paris and London)

I really appreciate all answers! :D[/quote]

Userpic

anonymous
Traveller
2467 comments

replied 16 years ago

Thank you very much! This was very helpful!

I think that we must reconsider the time we are leaving! ;)

Userpic

Miro
Traveller
65 comments

replied 16 years ago

The good thing about leaving at the end of the summer is that it's less busy everywhere and the weather is still quite nice overall.