Userpic

greenzie
Traveller
3 comments

Posted 15 years ago

hi

I have lived in germany for 2 years before and about three/four months ago, i moved to the netherlands.
Could I purchase interrail passes now?
If yes, which one is considered to be my residence country (since I haven't lived in the Netherlands for 6 months)?
Another question is are they really strict with this minimum 6-months rule since my friends have residence permit here for a year but lived here for 5 months only.
Thanks for answering.

Follow this topic
Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

replied 15 years ago

hej ...
they are strict concerning the 6-months rule ... you have to proof it by an official document, for example a visa printed in your passport.
I would say you can buy an Netherlands InterRail Pass (best to ask directly at a station in the Netherlands - as it is very special). and better to get a Netherlands one than a German one as in your country of residence you can not travel for free. so Netherlands are smaller than Germany!! :)
and for your friend: wait another month or buy an Eurail pass which is nearly the same like interrail - a bit more expensive.
all the best, Peter :)

Userpic

greenzie
Traveller
3 comments

replied 15 years ago

thanks for the quick and informative response, ill ask them about that.
if you dont mind, i have one more question, my friends came here in early february but only got the residence permit in early march. For this 6 months rule, which one is counted? Thanks again

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

replied 15 years ago

mmmh... the one counts which you can show ... if in the passport of your friend a visa is printed with starting date in February, then you can use this as the start of the 6-months-period. if the visa is printed with a date of March is printed, then your friend has to use the month of March as start of the 6-month-period.
but if your friend is at a university, you can get there official documents which are accepted - documents which shows that your friend is at university since February. hope this will help you, Peter :)