Interrail: travel days for ferries ?

Emmeran @ 07-02-2009 10:55

Hi,
I'm wondering wheter I have to cross of one of my travel days from the interrail ticket if I use only for example the ferrie from venice to patras (which travels 26 hours).

If not, could I for example get off in Corfu, stay there for a day or two and then go on to patras with the next ferrie? Would that cost me twice the 26€ if it is in high season or would it be twice 13€ or something?

Thanks for your advice,
Emmeran

Pete @ 07-02-2009 11:29

hej ...
when travelling by ferry, you need one travel day.
on over-night-ferry-connections like the ferry Greece-Italy, either the departure day or the arrival day has to one of your InterRail travel days... not both!! 🙂
if you make a stop in-between and stay there for 3 days or something like this, you need two tickets. always keep in mind that free or discounted ferry connections are only a bonus - as InterRail is normally a train ticket.
have fun, Peter 🙂

Emmeran @ 07-02-2009 13:11

Thanks!

Please login to write a message.

about railcc: We are real travellers and offer honest and well-grounded tips and tricks for your train journey.

rail.cc is partner and friend of
Deutsche Bahn Logo
Interrail Logo
Eurail Logo
Omio Logo
Trainline Logo
ACPRail Logo
NS Logo
SNCB Logo
Booking.com Logo
China Highlights Logo
12GoAsia Logo
Flixtrain Logo
Inlandsbanan Logo
Nightjet Logo
SJ Logo
RealRussia Logo
Kiwi.com Logo
Airbnb Logo
DJI Logo
Rentalcars Logo

COOKIES: by use of the railcc website, you agree to the use of cookies in accordance with our privacy policy. For further information about the use and management of our cookies, we ask you to accept our cookies policy.