Userpic

brewster283
Traveller
1 comments

Posted 15 years ago

Hi. If bought 4 travel days in one month for the italy rail pass, how many cities am I likely to see? (I don't really get the travel days thing)

Also does anyone know if you pay extra for a supplement train ride (e.g. high speed train from Rome to Naples) would using this count as one travel day?

Thanks

Follow this topic
Userpic

admin
Traveller
203 comments

replied 15 years ago

Hi there,

You're likely to see about 4, maybe a couple more, cities really. The Trenitalia Eurostar from Rome to Naples, in two hours, cost me about 25 Euros, with an Interrail pass, last summer. The Eurostar train goes to a station on the outskirts of Napoli - Campi Flegrei - but there there's a slower train that takes only 1 hour more, arrives at Napoli Centrale, and should cost you only a reservation.

That trip will count as one day of your 4, though you can take more trips on the same day if you like, for example, you could go to Napoli Centrale then take the Circumvesuviano line to Pompei or Herculaneum and then return to Roma in the evening all for one day of your pass. Hope this is helpful. Have a great one.

iaink

[quote]Hi. If bought 4 travel days in one month for the italy rail pass, how many cities am I likely to see? (I don't really get the travel days thing)

Also does anyone know if you pay extra for a supplement train ride (e.g. high speed train from Rome to Naples) would using this count as one travel day?

Thanks[/quote]

Userpic

Peter
Traveller
9331 comments

replied 15 years ago

Here you can find the information about supplements in Italian trains:
[b]Italian train supplements for InterRail[/b]: [u]https://rail.cc/en/interrail-train-reservation/italy/it[/u]